Georgia On My Mind

(RIP) petcul

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
A plan to ride through Europe and Turkey to Georgia in Sept. is beginning to formulate in my mind. The return journey may include a ferry ride across the Black Sea to Bulgaria (NOT the Crimea) and then back through Europe.

Time scale - as long as it takes.

Usually I ride solo but have found loose arrangements with other riders can work out pretty well when each does their own their own thing and meets up frequently.

If anyone is interested in this non-invite:confused: pm me:nenau

A plan to ride through Europe and Turkey to Georgia in Sept. is beginning to formulate in my mind. The return journey may include a ferry ride across the Black Sea to Bulgaria (NOT the Crimea) and then back through Europe.

Usually I ride solo but have found loose arrangements with other riders can work out pretty well when each does their own their own thing and meets up frequently.

No promises Peter .... was hoping to get to Georgia this year :eek:

Waiting for new knees, a lot 'up in the air' at the mo, but def on my list to do ...

... sooner rather than later :D

I have good friends and watering holes in Turkey ;)

:beerjug:

Jochen and I will be there sometime in June Peter.

At the moment our intended plan to lap the Black Sea is looking in doubt due to the current situation in the Ukraine and the Crimea in particular.

We might still go into Russia and could maybe spend more time in eastern Turkey, Armenia and Georgia or maybe go into Russia, head east to Sochi then follow the seaside back round towards Istanbul. We'll see.

If you're at Horizons in Enniskillen we should have some more info. ;)

This is/was our intended route, starting and finishing in Bucharest.

Tripmap.jpg

What are your dates?
I'm pretty fixed on October not September I'm afraid.
Speaking to Director Monday about early retirement - not sure if I feel :eek: or :bounce1

Happily in the retired estate. I'll leave very early Sept and plan to return somewhere around the end of October. Definitely want to do Georgia but I'm still thinking about Iran.

So I should be on my way now through Europe but “The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft a-gley.” And so it is with me:blast A dislocated shoulder being the reason. Not mine I hasten to add but my darling wife:nono

Postponed trip may take place next year or never. Who knows?

So I should be on my way now through Europe but “The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft a-gley.” And so it is with me:blast A dislocated shoulder being the reason. Not mine I hasten to add but my darling wife:nono

Postponed trip may take place next year or never. Who knows?

Awww sorry to hear that Peter, give my best to Sandy please x

Peter and others

I know this is an old thread, but just to let you know I am in Eastern Turkey and hoping to get to Georgia and Armenia, in the coming week, if only briefly.

It is bl@@@y cold at present here, and tomorrow we will pass via Erzurum where temps are below zero, so hoping to find slightly warmer temperatures in Georgia.

Any last minute tips or hints, please let me know!

Regards

Simon

Back
Top Bottom