Adv Gearbox onto 1100?

billy-joe

hi all.

i have a burnt out 1150adv whch is completely lost except for the rear end of the bike which includes the gearbox and swingarm. i also have a trusty steed in the shape of the 1100gs and was wondering if it was possible for me to fit the adv gearbox and swingarm onto the 1100?

i am thinking it should bolt straight on but am concerned about the hydraulic clutch on the adv compared to the cable on the 1100.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

billy

I'm pretty sure the mounting points are in different places for the bolts.
Also the frame attaches in different places.
Hydraulic clutch is the least of your problems......

Steptoe may be along later to offer you scrap money.

flywheel, clutch, rear subframe, footrest hangers, etc etc -

Then the clutch master reservoir/handle bar mounting/ switchgear -

Anything is possible, if you go ahead and have a go ,let us know what other problems you encounter that we've not even thought about -

thanks for the replies guys. will try to post a pic so that steptoe can have a look at what i have left of the adv and if he recommends i try it. sounds like a bit of a pain in the ass tho.

andy, i am pretty keen to get the tank repaired and fitted to the 1100. need advice on that too! if i manage to get the pic posted, you will see that the damage is quite extensive. advice i need is if the adv tank will fit and where i can get it repaired.

thanks again guys.

pic.

lets hope the pic attatches...

really dont know what i'm doig here.

not as bad as some i've seen - most of the "damage" looks like melted parts that have dropped everywhere -

I've had bikes where the engines have distorted due to the heat, you can't see it - you hear it after you've re-built/assembled the bloody thing :( :(

looks like it's still got lots of useful parts on it ;)

time isnt the problem, its the ££££££'s of course! c'mon steptoe, you must have a crashed one i could use for spares or something. i loved that bike:( :(

billy-joe said:

andy, i am pretty keen to get the tank repaired and fitted to the 1100. need advice on that too!

It'll go straight on.

Provided the metal hasn't been distorted by the heat - in other words it's still the right shape all round, I can have that tank looking as good as new for under £200. But I'd prefer to see it in the flesh before I commit fully to that:eek: :D

My phone number is in my sig.;)

Back
Top Bottom