Where to go on the Portuguese/Spanish Coast?

cjw

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
A mate and I are having an eight day jaunt to northern Spain/Portugal in May but unfortunately we've run out of ideas,help please!.
After reading numerous and very helpful recommendations on the site we've booked into a hotel in Chaves for our third night. After Chaves we’d like to head towards the coast then north into Spain before heading back towards Santander for the Monday afternoon ferry.
Therefore we have three nights to spend in Portugal (north of Porto) and/or the north west Spanish coast. Sunday night will be spent somewhere, yet to be decided, that’s a comfortable ride from Santander.
We are looking for smallish places on (or near to) the coast with a good selection of bars/restaurants with scenic rides, not too much to ask for, surely!
Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated, thanks,
Craig

Take in Santiago on your route back Pilgrim then skirt the coast of the Costa Verde for an interesting run back to the ferry.

Not massive miles but nadgery roads and interesting places.

133 views,one reply,Hmmm..the area is either not worth visiting or it's absolutely brilliant and people are trying to keep it themselves!
Thanks for the reply Edvard
Craig

Also heading from Portsmouth - Santander in May with a night scheduled in Chaves, but I guess from the timings you quote we'll be on different crossings and nights in Chaves.

I'm on the Tuesday 20th crossing, and in Chaves overnight Thursday 22nd.

Have a good one.

Unfortunately it looks like our paths won't cross,we sail on Sunday the 25th and will be in Chaves on Wednesday night,anyway hope you have a good one as well

If my reckoning is correct our paths may well cross, as we will be on the same return crossing on Monday 2nd.

Could be comparing notes over an on board beer.

Back
Top Bottom