Rotterdam ferry and accomadation in bavaria

stever1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all, can anyone tell me if its true that the P & O Rotterdam ferry gets in at 09.00hrs on a weekend ?. If so, does it take long to "escape".:rolleyes:
Also has anyone got any recommendations for accomadation in the Regensburg, or Straubing area ?.

I'm using this route for the first time and I've been told your usually off within 15 minutes,and the ferry is in before 9. That's the time you disembark,but sometimes you get off before 9. Can anyone confirm this ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have used this route on a number of occasions and cannot remember the time it gets in!. I would say that on the times I have travelled I don’t recall a late arrival.

If planning your onward journey and doing 400+ miles IMO 10 / 15mins either way at the start isn’t going to really matter. You will make up this and probably more by making good progress on motorways etc. and say changing a planned stop from 30mins to 25mins. You could also loose time as well. It usually works out that you arrive arround your planned time.

I would be inclined to put the Hotel stop telephone number into your phone and judge your timing mid-afternoon. If you are going to arrive later give them a quick ring and let them know.

If you are new to continental touring I would just say that the journey is the experience and not your ability to keep to a time table (that’s work;)) so don’t over stretch yourself on the daily distance and stop plenty and take in your surroundings.

Enjoy and keep safe.

The time depends upon weather conditions, but you should be off by 9am (remember it's 1 hour forward ;) ).

As long as all the bikers wake up it's quick to get off. Otherwise, as the bikes are parked in two lines, any tardiness at the front is frustrating :(

Oh - and the last time I used the crossing on January, they were breathalysing all drivers at the passport check point. :rob

We used this service in April and were off the boat by 7.45am and through customs/immigration within 15 mins. But we were probably the 30th or so car off. I can imagine that at peak times the delays may be much worse.

Also worth noting that, although the sailing time from Rotterdam is 9pm, they start to board people from 5pm. Which means you can get on, settled in the cabin, have a drink or two out on the terrace and have your meal, all before the boat actually leaves the port!! Very civilised

Must only be me that's unlucky then. We waited an hour after the boat had stopped moving to get off last September! It's not usually that bad, but best not to assume you'll be off & away too soon, no point in putting pressure on getting to your destination before you've even set off (IMHO, of course :))

The time depends upon weather conditions, but you should be off by 9am (remember it's 1 hour forward ;) ).

As long as all the bikers wake up it's quick to get off. Otherwise, as the bikes are parked in two lines, any tardiness at the front is frustrating :(

Oh - and the last time I used the crossing on January, they were breathalysing all drivers at the passport check point. :rob

Most of our guests who use this route mention the breath tests. Hopefully they catch all those who drink vast amounts into the small hours before driving or riding off the boat-

John

We used this service in April and were off the boat by 7.45am and through customs/immigration within 15 mins. But we were probably the 30th or so car off. I can imagine that at peak times the delays may be much worse.

Also worth noting that, although the sailing time from Rotterdam is 9pm, they start to board people from 5pm. Which means you can get on, settled in the cabin, have a drink or two out on the terrace and have your meal, all before the boat actually leaves the port!! Very civilised

Paul08, was it a Friday night boat ?

return trip

At Hull coming back the border crew must not have known there was a ship due in as only one booth open, it wound every one up (job done- wankers) car drivers wound up even more when all the bikes jumped to the front of the line. The problems are usually due to the British jobs worths. I would put this in the rant section but can not since I don't subscribe.

At Hull coming back the border crew must not have known there was a ship due in as only one booth open, it wound every one up (job done- wankers) car drivers wound up even more when all the bikes jumped to the front of the line. The problems are usually due to the British jobs worths. I would put this in the rant section but can not since I don't subscribe.

Agreed.

Last time in the car I paid extra for priority boarding to get to the front of the queue.

I just hope taxpayers are making a good saving through the under-manning, and the officiousness is keeping our borders safe.

Agreed.

Last time in the car I paid extra for priority boarding to get to the front of the queue.

I just hope taxpayers are making a good saving through the under-manning, and the officiousness is keeping our borders safe.

I didn't know there was priority boarding on NSF sevices

It's £12 for a car one way. Not an option for bikes.

PS - It's P&O ferries, not NSF ;)

PPS - Have a word with Micky on this forum who may be able to get you a good price for your crossings :thumb

Already booked top cabins return trip and food, got it for less than 2 ago on the Zeeb boat even in better cabins, so cant complain.

However, to us dinosaurs from Ull,it is and always will be NSF :D

No,it was a Monday night: 31st March. My understanding was that this is the process on every (evening) sailing from Rotterdam

No, I've been told that on weekends it docks later, don't know if its true or not

Back
Top Bottom