SP1000

lewisjohn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have fitted a new clock mount / dashboard to my spada,it uses led warning lights,is there any reason why I can't get them to light after disconnecting the standard ones and just reconnecting the LEDs'

surely LEDS only ever work one way round?

if you've fitted something like an Acewell digital speedo, there will definitely be an issue with the charge light. what have you fitted to the spada?

surely LEDS only ever work one way round?

if you've fitted something like an Acewell digital speedo, there will definitely be an issue with the charge light. what have you fitted to the spada?
I have fitted the standard clocks in a nice polished alloy plate,which came with a set of led warning lights,bought from Gutsibits which are very good to deal with.Sorry for pic quality taken with my phone

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 201
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 200
in that case, they probably just need to be wired the right way round. it won't hurt them if you have got them backwards, they just won't work.

the only other thing i can think of is that they might not be suitable for 12v and need a dropper resistor. if they are made for the job, this should not be necessary.

in that case, they probably just need to be wired the right way round. it won't hurt them if you have got them backwards, they just won't work.

the only other thing i can think of is that they might not be suitable for 12v and need a dropper resistor. if they are made for the job, this should not be necessary.
Got them working now,just by reversing polarity:beerjug:

Bike is looking great, love those clocks. My top clamp has been undergoing a little refurb.

I'm still gathering bits ready for a blitz, then, about next summer, I reckon, if I'm lucky a pretty l'ill cafe racer might just see daylight.

Been taking lots of pics, but the pace I go at would bore you all to tears. Will post later, nearer the end of the 'build'.
:beerjug:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 169
SP cafe racer

Bike is getting there now,I'll use it as it is for the summer and then will rebuild it after Colombres in September .frame powder coated ,polished alloy tank,seat and mudguards.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 138
That's going to be one cool machine when done.

If you haven't yet bought the tank, I'd suggest that you get your order in now, normally there's a huge waiting list, 40 weeks for John Williams at the tank shop, you might be lucky and get oneof the shelf, worth checking first.

There's palace in Wales, used to be connected to the above. Let me know if you need details.
BTW, Monza petcocks have a right angle fuel exit, and leave more room for the larger tank.
:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom