Rack for BMW Top Box

Pyke

Any of you got any idea for a rack (or hook) that sit on the top of Black BMW box.

I need summat to put camping gears on top of BMW top box. Also, how sturdy will it hold if is strapped to the rack or hook.

Cheers

Pyke
R1150GS

Pyke
A few people with the BM box have had them break away with to heavy a load. They do move a bit when well loaded and it might put to much extra strain on the mount with a higher payload on top as well.
Just a thought squire!;)

Rack for BMW top box

How about Touratech top box - will it be better & sturdy than BMW's???

Cheers

Pyke

I tried loading the std box with the BMW silver bag on my summer hols and was prettty concerned that i was pushing my luck so ended up loading the tent longways on the side pannier to avoid it snapping. Might be an idea?

Pyke
Have you got panniers? Most will load on top of the panniers OR if you dont have a pillion the rear seat plate. I am guessing you are carrying pillion or you wouldn't load the top box.

P.S. Also by putting extra weight right at the rear you can make the front to light for good handling/steering on acceleration.

would make it a bit high up then?
maybe a hepco becker wire rack would fit on top of the lid?
if you really need extra space,how bout tankbag with tankpanniers?
or take off the topbox and use a rollbag instead.
also consider putting strengthening support rails Under the original alloy rack.:)

Back
Top Bottom