Navigator V constantly restarts following software update

Wobble

Hugh Janus
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My V is back with BMW as it constantly restarts and loops following software upgrade.

I'm waiting for a new replacement from BMW, apparently they are on back order.

Did all the usual factory reset and called Garmin etc.

Mine did this 4 or 5 times on a trip last week Not done it since, however, so fingers crossed.

Since the last firmware upgrade (to 2.70) mine has frozen a couple of times. Once I managed to reset it by holding the on-off button down. Once, I had to remove the battery. Never had the problem before this Firmware upgrade

Since the last firmware upgrade (to 2.70) mine has frozen a couple of times. Once I managed to reset it by holding the on-off button down. Once, I had to remove the battery. Never had the problem before this Firmware upgrade

Mine just switched itself on & off a few times. No doubt there will soon be another update to correct this problem & create 3 new ones.

No problems to report on my Nav V, running 2.7.

Several thousand miles clocked up since the update.

Update from BMW dealer! they have seven on back order and no idea when they will arrive.

Whatever happened to BMW just in time delivery system :)

They have had it for three weeks now.

Have had to complain to BMW Customer Services, still no sign of the sat nav replacement.

It will be seven weeks on weds, and the dealer has only started calling me (they called once) with an update after I got customer services on the case.

I was thinking of getting an Evo 6 and Bluetooth, but having second thoughts if this is the cr@ppy way they look after their customers for electronics.

I called BMW again today, they said they have stock, but it's not being released!!!

Not sure if it's related to same problem as mine, but getting miffed at not having a sat nav after shelling out for the BMW Nav 5 and flogging a Garmin!

No ideas when they will be released and no idea what the hold up is...

I'd expect this from a tinpot company, but not from a premium brand like BMW

At the end of the day the Nav V is not a BMW product but a Garmin re badged with extra software. There lies the problem. With the Garmin 590LM just released it will be interesting to hear if they are having similar issues.

I take your point entirely about non BMW products with a BMW badge...

I've said that I'm not going to go hard with my £700 Evo 6 helmet, and new jacket/trousers combo, as they might come back to me with same excuse.

What really peeves me, is how rubbish they are at getting back to me, and bothering to help me.

I ordered mine yesterday an am waiting to here what they are offering as a delivery date. I will post if I hear anything different.

Wobble I got a call today to say my Nav 5 had come into stock. Check with your dealer again as this seems odd.

I too had a call, and the replacement Nav V is in, shame I can't collect it for a week or so now....

Also, after complaining about rubbish service from Poopers of Bunbrige, BMW have me a voucher for £150 so I'm going to get the Evo helmet with Bluetooth to link up to the RT audio.
I'll be spending it in Norwich, not my nearest but blooming good service.

I know this is an old thread, still thought I should share my experience with the community as not many hits came up on my web search; Navi V behaved the same after SW (v.3.20) and map update, i.e. it constantly restarted. I removed the SD card and normal operation resumed to my biggest pleasure. During the map update it warned me that due to the size of the maps they would be installed on the SD card which was only 4GB. Apparently something went wrong with it silently. I plugged a fresh 32GB card and the maps were re-updated via Garmin Express and the rig works smoothly again.
Hope this helps to others.

Back
Top Bottom