Lower seat option???

rickyxsara

Reaction score
I was told by my dealer that BMW do not offer a lower seat option for the GS. In their accessory list it states there is one about 1.2 inches lower. Has anybody on the list ever ordered one and was it extra or a no cost option. All replies gratefully recieved. From BIG Ricky.:moped:

lower seat

I'm not sure that its a factory option but Rainbow did one for a customer who is 5' 6" , they also made it slimmer which is the critical thing, often its not the height but the width that is the problem, a slimmer seat means the legs are not so wide apart therefore effectively longer.

Iv'e met the guy and I couldn't believe he could manage a GS but he could and easily.

HTH

low seat

i picked up my 1150 gs from rainbow three weeks ago.
i was advised to go for the low seat option by shaun - no extra cost. looking at it , it seems to be a genuine bmw part (for the 1100).
it is obviously narrower and feels like there is not a lot of padding at the front of the seat. i do not think it gives me much more than 3/4 inch (ha, ha), but everything helps as i am 5'5''.
i find the bike fine 80% of the time but there are occasions when i have to be vigilant on the left side before i stop. i use daytona boots which while being totally comfy and waterproof after three years daily use, are absolutely crap when the roads are wet. they ought to have a vibram sole on and take a leaf out of mountaineering boot manufacturers. vibrams last much longer than most m/c boot soles and are grippier to boot! i've heard that 'alt berg' (richmond) use vibram soles. when the weather is dry i use a 3/4 shank mountaineering boot to ride and they give me a good extra 3/4 inch in height. - crucial for a dwarf!!
:confused: :smokeboun

Back
Top Bottom