11XXGS Zega Pro pannier rack help needed

ThreeDawg

Reaction score
Anyone out there got an 11XXGS with the stainless steel Zega Pro rack fitted? I need pics showing how much clearance there is between the lower rail of the rack and the silencer.

I've got the steel frames on my 1150 and there's not a massive amount of clearance, only a few mm, less than 10 I think. Best thing to do is fit a stubby :thumb2

Mick

livin' the dream

Think the older steel ones will be OK for what I want- need clearance top and bottom, not the vertical rails.

The bottom rail on the stainless ones does seem to be pretty close to the silencer, but I can only find this side on shot:

f5cd89f4-a270-46d7-bb04-e4178031eb49.jpg

I had issues with my Remus muffler with Y piece touching the pannier. I slackened everything off and put a few washers between the frame and the muffler. Tightened everything back up and job done. :thumb2

I wasn't suggesting changing the exhaust, just pointing out that there is a bit of adjustment available without straining the joint if you slacken it off the clamps reposition then it and then retighten. Alternatively shim out the frames were they bolt on, that will also give a bit of extra clearance.

Yeah, indeed. I was just clarifying what bike in view of some of the other replies. I don't know how much room the TT pucks need, what I want is to be able to put some alloy clamps on the top and bottom rails to mount a plastic backplate for some panniers I want to fit. These are the clamps:

mosko-moto-motorcycle-soft-bags-dualsport-offroad-pannier-duffle-saddlebag-ktm-bmw-4-25-14-12.jpg

Looking at the vid I kinda think that if the tangs on the pucks fit, then the clamps I want to use will too. Would like to be sure before lashing out 300 quid though...

Back
Top Bottom