Newbie here

fazerbill

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Just joined here today nice lookin forum.
At present I have an 2009 Hayabusa which I have had for three years now and I am thinking of trading it for a second hand R1200GS.
I am 55 so I thought it was time to change riding styles for a bit of comfort as I like to tour the Highlands of Scotland. The GS is a very popular bike up here, with so many about I decided it was time to change.
I have not picked one as yet but I am going to a BM dealer in East Kilbride today to have a look at the 1200GS and get prices etc.
I dont know much about this bike so what things go wrong with it and what to look out for ?

Cheers

Davy

Hi mate,

Welcome to the site, if you look in the hexhead/wc section under the technical forums depending on the age of bike your looking at you will find there is quite a few posts regarding issues that have cropped up.
Often asked questions such as "what things go wrong with it and what to look out for " tend not to get answered because they are asked so often...

unless you subscribe i'm not sure if you can access this but here goes...
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...he-Beakchat-and-Bollox-common-question-thread

Good luck with the new bike.

Cheers guys for the welcome.
I had a test ride on the 1200GS TE model and I was well impressed with the way it handled and the torquey motor. Very easy bike to ride and comfortable too.
So I am going to take the plunge and get a Black / Grey one if all goes well with the finance. I'm just going to sell my Busa privately as I am going down the lease route on the GS.

Back
Top Bottom