REV COUNTER

shiredevon

hi
just got my bike back and went to fit the rev counter, can't see where it bolts on, maybe my bike being 81 doesn't have a mounting bracket,
any ideas anyone.
cheers

no

no by the look of it, are they mounted under the top of the fork yolk nut?.
nick

bracket

thanks Gauloises, no that's not on my bike, i'll have to make one.
nick

Resurecting an old thread :eek: where's a good place to get a rev counter for a pre PD R100GS that's "E" reg. Apart from Motorworks etc where they don't seem to be very cheap, admitedly they are brand new :(

John,

Looks like you and I may have to buy new... I have one fitted but it is eratic andf a tad lazy ( like the rider :) ). I can't believe the price of the clock...that IS a shear rip-off price :spitfire

Oh, little plug, has anyone got a spare fork brace ( the alloy upside down jobbie ) to sell?

The Rev counters from Motobins are crap (or at least they were) they were a mile away from the actual revs. Pastyman had one on his Mono, it showed the bike to be reving twice as fast as it was if I remember correctly. I've seen a couple of others with the same fault.

The maximum speed in any gear is marked on your speedo. Do you really need a rev meter?

The Rev counters from Motobins are crap (or at least they were) they were a mile away from the actual revs. Pastyman had one on his Mono, it showed the bike to be reving twice as fast as it was if I remember correctly. I've seen a couple of others with the same fault.

The maximum speed in any gear is marked on your speedo. Do you really need a rev meter?

.... about as much as you need a 'Y' piece !!! :jes

I'm off.......:hide

At zero mph the engine is still running, but a what speed is it idling :nenau

Or if the FD has been changed :nenau

If it's a Mono g/s you won't be changing the final drive with anything else and just how important is a spot on tickover anyway? The bikes been perfectly happy for the past 27 years without one.

If you want to "Bling" it up just go for it.

If it's a Mono g/s you won't be changing the final drive with anything else and just how important is a spot on tickover anyway? The bikes been perfectly happy for the past 27 years without one.

If you want to "Bling" it up just go for it.

88 Para :)

Might go for the bling option unless something else crops up :eek:

Haaaahhh one of those modern para whatsit fingys

Not a patch on the original mono IMHO :rob

Too bloody HEAVY :rolleyes:

Errrrr, I think you have me mixed up with someone else, Mine works fine and seems to be pretty accurate. I dont think it came from Motobins either, looks original and came with the bike when Flifly bought it.

Back
Top Bottom