Used 690R with high lift Cam

Paulontheball

Reaction score
I road tested a new 690 Duke at the Hemel Hempstead dealership yesterday and it was fun...... I can't get over how light they are and how fast those things turn! :drool

The dealer also had a 2013 690R Duke traded in yesterday with 3k on the clock and the R version comes with a number of goodies such as an Akrapovic pipe, better adjustable suspenders etc which I would want etc - priced at £7.6k.

If I go ahead and buy, it would be a pure toy (I'm planning to keep my 1200 GS Adv), so........ I want more power.... (F**k it, let's go for it) and the dealer has offered me the high lift cam conversion fitted for another £900, so £8.5k all in.

Questions to the initiated....:rob

Does this sound about right price wise?... I'm new to KTM so would appreciate views - I'll no doubt haggle for a few bits n pieces anyway!
Any experience of using this dealer? ..... on the face of it they look pretty good
Anything that I should be looking out for on the used 680R?... I.e. Well known faults or issues that arise
I'll probably keep the machine for a number of years if I get on with it, but wondered how these things are on residuals if looked after properly?
Finally.... Just how much fun am I gonna have?!?!?! :augie

Sounds like your being asked to pay top dollar. Problem is I don't think they sell many Duke Rs probably as the rrp is silly so not a lot of bikes to compare it too. IMO The 690SMR is better priced with similar bits though equally rare if you read the KTM dealer ads.

Sounds like your being asked to pay top dollar. Problem is I don't think they sell many Duke Rs probably as the rrp is silly so not a lot of bikes to compare it too. IMO The 690SMR is better priced with similar bits though equally rare if you read the KTM dealer ads.

I did wonder if the price was expensive. Price of a new R with the cam upgrade would be £9,700

I'm thinking the haggle has got to be no more than £8k with the cam fitted.... views??

Back
Top Bottom