Iceland

Farmer Palmer

Reaction score
Well, it's booked, sent the deposit cheque off yesterday! Leaving Aberdeen on May 30th on an epic three day ferry journey to the land of Ice and Fire spend a week there then return to Shetland for a couple of days then back home to Scotland. Anyone else heading there this summer?

Not going this summer but that's where we went for our honeymoon a couple of years ago. Amazing place.

How much Chris ? i just booked with Motorsport travel to Norway
£319 fancy Iceland next year
Gaz

Iceland,how much?

Total cost for two people, one bike and nice two berth outside cabin is £1175 so thats £587.50 each but that is six days ferry accomodation. Norway I'm sure cost about £315 each sailing from Newcastle to Haugesund then Bergen to Newcastle with Fjordline with a two berth 'outside' cabin including evening meal and breakfast. On Smyril lines MV Norrona were just going to buy meals rather than pre book as the travelling times are a bit more complicated!Also depending on the weather we might not be eating much!!!!

Sounds like a fascinating trip Chris.

Do you sail from Aberdeen to Lerwick then change ferries??

Which port in Iceland do you sail to??

Full reports and pics expected upon your return.

Enjoy. :thumb

Mmmm....

Thanks for that. Inspiration for next year's holiday perhaps.

The cost of the ferry is about the same as it's costing us to fly to San Francisco this July. We have some contacts in Iceland and my father completed a singing tour of there last year. At the same time, I haven't been to Shetland for over 30 years.

I'll just have to convince SWMBO that she wants to go to Iceland and that we could go two-up on the GS, rather than taking two bikes.

Please take lots of photies and post a wee write up when you get back.

£319 is for outside berths with shower both ways but no meals dfds wanted £404 but we will be on the dfds boat
Gaz

Iceland Ferry

Yes, the trip involves two ferries. The Norlink one from Aberdeen to Lerwick which is overnight allowing a day on Shetland. the Smyril lines MV Norrona leaves after midnight calling at the Faroes the next day but stopping only for a few hours then onward to Iceland arriving at Seydisfjordur on the East coast. This is a weekly sailing only so seven days on Iceland then back on the same route stopping a couple of days in Shetland then back on to Aberdeen and home in time for silage making! When I'm in Iceland I hope to travel anti clockwise round the ring road seeing most of the sights and weather permitting camping. Not spending much time in Reykjavik as I've been before, twice. Hopefully taking in some serious gravel roads but because it's so early in the season not much interior. Time is the limiting factor as well as most importantly the weather. Hopefully Anne on the back will be trained up to use the camcorder by then so should have lots of shaky film!!!

Chris,
I hope you and the missus love Iceland, i sure did. The only sickener i can think of is only getting 7 days in such a fantastic place. Have a great trip.
HENRY

Back
Top Bottom