2000 R1150GS what do you think it is worth?

katanamangler

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello,

Sadly a friend of mine recently passed away very suddenly and at a relatively young age (early 40s). Knowing that I also owned a GS, his elderly parents have given me his bike which had been stored in their garage. I already have 3 bikes and to say it's now tight in the garage at the moment is an understatement.

The bike hasn't been ridden since 2010 and looks like it spent quite a few winters on the road with very little cleaning. it has all of the usual corrosion and would need some serious TLC prior to any road action. It has 55 thousand miles on the clock. Definitely a project for someone who knows their way around an oil-head.

If I was going to sell the bike what do you think I should be looking for? I have pledged to his parents that if I do sell it I'll donate 50% 0f the proceedings to a muscular sclerosis charity that they support.

I can't see me finding the time and space bring this bike back to the living ( I am currently mid way through a another rebuild) so I may just sell it.

Any guidance on price would be appreciated.

20140615_184656.jpg

20140615_184634.jpg

20140615_184614.jpg

Hi Bud sorry to hear about your Pal.....

Just as a guide I bought my v reg for 2100 same colourwith all the paniers and a decent service history...

Regards

Dusty

I'm sorry to hear about the sad circumstances.

I recently (June) viewed a 2000 plate GS with panniers, decent SH, garaged etc. It went for £2250.

I would say, aim for between £2000 and £2400 as a realistic bracket.

I would put 12 months MOT on it, that will definitely help it sell faster.

If you sell it as a non-runner, then under £2000 probably.

Good luck wit the sale.

If it needs a battery give me a pm I have a serviceable Odyssey battery for a 1150 sitting on charge in the garage that I will happily donate foc plus a full set of ebc hh pads that have a good 10,000 miles of wear left on them

Back
Top Bottom