Used in a car with a 660 / Nav IV car cradle

Wapping

Reaction score
Whilst a Nav V will charge whilst being used in an on-bike cradle for a 660 / Nav IV, it won't charge when used in a 660 / Nav IV car cradle.

Quite why is not clear. I can only guess that the voltage coming out of the cigarette lighter adaptor differs (slightly) between the models, perhaps? Odd.

Whilst a Nav V will charge whilst being used in an on-bike cradle for a 660 / Nav IV, it won't charge when used in a 660 / Nav IV car cradle.

Quite why is not clear. I can only guess that the voltage coming out of the cigarette lighter adaptor differs (slightly) between the models, perhaps? Odd.

I had that problem with the 660
I was using the wrong lead ( there were 2 that came with the unit)
Problem solved by using the other

How odd.

I'm sure I only got one and it used to work with the 660 for sure.

Hey-ho, life goes on.

There are clearly some differences ... the 660/Nav-4 has a built in speaker, it's cradle therefor doesn't need one. The Nav-5 has no speaker ... it's in the car cradle.

:beerjug:

Yup, Micky, I know.

But the voice bit should not make any difference to the power bit.

I can plonk my Nav V into a bike mounted Nav IV / 660 cradle, where it will work and charge just fine. Plonk it into a Nav IV / 660 cradle in the car and it won't charge. The device knows when it is disconnected / removed from the cradle though, as it displays a message saying 'Device removed from mount' or something like that. To me this suggests it's the seeing the cradle but, for some reason or another, not the cradle's power supply. Odd....

Yup, Micky, I know.

But the voice bit should not make any difference to the power bit.

I can plonk my Nav V into a bike mounted Nav IV / 660 cradle, where it will work and charge just fine. Plonk it into a Nav IV / 660 cradle in the car and it won't charge. The device knows when it is disconnected / removed from the cradle though, as it displays a message saying 'Device removed from mount' or something like that. To me this suggests it's the seeing the cradle but, for some reason or another, not the cradle's power supply. Odd....

Mmmmmm very odd indeed. Any point me hooking my Nav-5 cradle up in the camper and measuring which of the contacts is/are live? I presume they should be the same as the bike cradle (Nav-5)

:beerjug:

Now why didn't i think of that :D

Thank'ye kindly young sir :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom