Staintune pipe

Lee Bastin

Reaction score
Anyone come across this site by Jim Steinborn before? Some nice GS1150 pics…

http://www.steinborn.org/jim/r1150gs/

Check out the ‘Mods’ page as he’s fitted a Staintune pipe that alows the use of a full sized left-hand BM pannier…. Nice!

Has anyone else fitted one of these?

Is it any good? :D

Nice bit of kit......

Lee, if I'd taken a photo of your lovely polished GS outside Bakermans it would look almost the same ... except for the Andover backdrop of course.

The pipe looks nice but I don't know how long it will last on the roads round here though... Passed a council grit truck spreading near Bedfont lakes this morning...

It would be interesting if anyone has fitted the pipe. How did you find the site?

Dave.

Lee,

I know a few riders who've fitted Staintune pipes and they're meant to be pretty good.

The low pipes are'nt much good if you live or travel in areas prone to flooding though:D :D :D

Cheers
Simon T:beerjug:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ looks ideal for blowing bubbles in a ford, why not just sling a second hand RT/RS pipe on, better still, why not buy an RT or am I missing the point

Stay Tuned!

Hi dave, How's tricks?
Who's lovely polished GS was that then? Can't remember it being clean... It's certainly not at the moment (kak everywhere!). Might have to try some of BigNige's magic potion!
As for the site, i was just browsing on dogpile.co.uk for "1150GS" (no work in at the moment!) and came across it.

Simon, no problem... Water cooled exhaust!! (And some interesting bath type noises!) :D

Not heard much about Staintune pipes, i assume they do a normal replacement for the GS, but how does it compare in price to a Remus? (Top of my list at the moment when me Lottery numbers come up!)

:D

Lee...

Looked at dogpile.... enough said...

Work? Lack of it more like, Events business is going through a bad time right now... no money / no christmas parties / budgets etc, etc. I'm doing about 10 days a month.

When you win £1m on the lottery and you get the Remus / Staintune buy one for me... ;)

Dave.

Ok Dave, you want the 'Y' piece with that...? (Don't hold your breath though!!) :D

Looks like a quiet Xmas for you and me both then!
Still, there's Charlie's GS Brewery Raid to look forward to in Feb. :D :beerjug: hic!

Catch ya later.

Lee :D

Back
Top Bottom