I want one (if I can fnd one) K1600

Sam555

Reaction score
Hi Guys, as a GSA owner couldn't decide on whether to move to the new RT1200 or K1600 GT SE 2014 spec but have finally settled on the K1600 following recommendation from friends who own K1600's but wanted to ride these two bikes 'back to back' just to make sure. Well it all went downhill from there. All the RT's are off the road with their rear shock fault and all demo K1600's are out on loan to RT riders so that's put an end to that.

I guess there will be quite a few K1600's coming onto the market towards the end of the summer as and when the RT's are fixed but what a mess!!

I guess there will be quite a few K1600's coming onto the market towards the end of the summer as and when the RT's are fixed but what a mess!!

I think your last sentence sums up the reality TBH........

If you want one really badly, go pay the premium to get one now.......if you want one at the best price you can get one for, wait until the RT debacle works its way through the system and see what you can get a used, one owner only (dealer loaner) K16 for.

I have no idea how it will pan out, or how the numbers/waiting times/value 2nd hand equations will stack up, but it has got to depend on you and you only.......got enough dosh to buy one , do it....dosh supply marginal, wait until you see what happens as it all comes out in the wash.

Given the choice of situations to be in though, I would rather pay a grand or two more to have a new, mine only, virgin off the floor bike than one that has been ragged around and that has known someone else's arse mounting it.

YMMV..........

Must say the press Bike MCN ect are keeping a very low profile on this. JJH

Must say the press Bike MCN ect are keeping a very low profile on this. JJH

Add up the money that BMW dealers, central Motorrad and so on pay top MCN etc and you can see why.

FWIW, as a Non RT owner but someone who has followed the saga with interest, I reckon BMW have done bloody well so far.........

I have no idea why Jenny Boxer is so prevalent in the RT rejection thread, it seems a bit odd to me...........but if it gives him happy pants, so be it, even if it does smack of morbid car crash ogling ghoulishness :rolleyes:

There's a rumour (well, fact in the US, but we're not in the US:blast) that BMW are offering the K16GT for the same price as the RT, so there are deals to be had.:thumb You may be able to get a better deal than you think.:rob

Back
Top Bottom