Wristwatch Choice...

Bin Ridin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone comment on the Breitling Aerospace titanium watch?
I like the functions and clarity.
Also looking at Seamaster, but a bit worried it is going to be a bit big under the bike jacket cuff.
Comments, anyone?
Tks

Re: A comment...

trotsky said:
You may possibly have too much money :D

No one can ever have too much money! Not enough time to spend it perhaps, but never too much!

A wristwatch ????

There's a clock on your GS !!!!

:D

Thanks, thanks, thanks....

For God's sake, I put this under "Toys", didn't I ? I am being encouraged by wife No. 1 to be nice to myself and get a good watch .... meantime she has just booked flights to NY for Christmas for all 6 of us so maybe that's why..... Need to lie down and think.

GS clock is 5000kms away, hard to read!:D

Rolex Explorer II for normal wearing ... Polar AXN500 for work and running / fitness stuff ...

... the later being a huge watch that barely fits under the cuff of a bike jacket but still ... :eek:

Nick

watches

Bin Ridin
I'm always wary of personalised plates and people who flaunt expensive watches.
I'm also suspicious of Degree Engineers who I find can give the square root of a jam jar but can't get the top off .
Go on , buy yourself a big watch !! ;)

I wear a seamaster professional (large body) under leathers and it *just* fits - no discomfort though. Would easily fit under fabric gear.

Get a white faced black Swatch with day /date display cost about £30 and my last one lasted 15 years and hardly ever left my wrist even during enduros its been in several different oceans and seas and has always performed flawlessly. Mind you I got through about 7 batteries and 4 straps. And it fits under anything.

Cheers Grum

Gone on get your Breitling you will not regret it I have 2 one cronogragh in steel and gold for dress use and a Wings with leather strap for everyday. Found them to be 100 times better than the Omega seamaster used to have. Also have a look at the Breitling B1.

Lunsarboy

I have an emergency which, other than being quite a lot larger, and having the transmitter, has the same features as the aerospace. My mate has one and loves it. I love my Emergency also.

buy it.

45grum said:
Get a white faced black Swatch with day /date display cost about £30 and my last one lasted 15 years and hardly ever left my wrist even during enduros its been in several different oceans and seas and has always performed flawlessly. Mind you I got through about 7 batteries and 4 straps. And it fits under anything.

Cheers Grum
I've got a broom in the garage I bought from a local ironmongers for £1.99 15 years ago. Its still going strong........had 10 new shafts and 5 new heads.

Don't buy it !! I'm in court with them now. Their after sales services sucks major time.... rip off bastards.

Unless you don't care what happens to your watch after the battery goes flat.

Mike, is your issue with the service dept in France or London?

Only, I personally have had nothing but excellent service form them.
Sorry to hear you are having trouble. Its a shame that one persons carelessness can ruin a whole brand for you.

Hope you get sorted

it's over...

Thank you all for good and humourous advice.
Went and bought the titanium Aerospace, I think it one of the few which is not available as a fake! More seriously, I like the size (not too big), weight (not too heavy), features (not too many) and low key style. Woo-hoo!

Wristwatch

Have you considered Rolex?

I appreciate slightly more expensive than Brietling, but hold their value well when selling. Check out used prices offered by phoning Bond Street and pretending you have a Brietling, an Omega and a Rolex for sale...)

After all, a wristwatch is not for life, we change our bikes every few years etc... The GMT 2 has a second hour hand, useful when on holiday, as opposed to the Submariner....

The Explorer 2 has the same function. Both are similar in price and obviously need no batteries!

The coloured bezels can be changed by your local Horologist, so if you bought the GMT, one can effectively have a different looking watch every so often! I did! They are also inexpensive (the bezel) at about £20 each.

I have no problems fitting it under my Heine Gerricke top, I guess very wrist tight leathers may be a problem...

I've found the build quality very good... An old friend of mine touched his boat propeller (while running) with his left wrist and although it scratched his S/Steel strap, he kept his hand!

Treat yourself to one....

The only problem you'll find is that you're wife will want one next!!!

Good luck :D

Too late

Ah.... I'm too late... sorry.

"You know you can't go wrong with a Brietling!"

:D

Back
Top Bottom