Nav V track file storage & management

RandyL

Reaction score
I'm struggling to figure out how my new Nav V handles track file storage. I'm getting comfortable with BaseCamp for managing all my tracks and routes (now that I realize it is not file-based like Mapsource was but rather a database that all files are contained in), but still don't understand what's going on under the hood.

Specifically, I want to go in and delete superfluous tracks I don't need or want any more. Seems like there would be two ways to accomplish that...

#1 Plug the Nav into the computer, open BaseCamp (BC), select the Internal Storage on the Nav, and attempt to delete the track files. Won't work, there is simply no option to delete them either by right clicking or selecting the track to be deleted and checking the File menu. The Delete key also won't work.

#2 With the Nav disconnected from the computer go into the Apps | Tracks app and attempt to delete them there. That doesn't work, there's no option to delete them, only to "Save" it which put is in the Saved folder. Also, only tracks from recent activity appear there, seems to be about two weeks though I don't ride very day so I can't tell for sure. The earlier files are in there because I can see them in BC, but they are not visible on the Nav itself.

There might be a #3 method which would be plug the Nav into the computer and attempt to delete the track files via Windows Explorer. I've concluded that they all reside in the GPX folder, or in the Archive folder within that. Here is what I'm seeing in the GPX folder...

GPXfolder.jpg

And in the GPX/Archive folder...
ArchiveFolder.jpg

The Nav seems to be creating .gpx files sequentially with two files for each day I ride, can anyone confirm or deny that? This begs my question: how does one delete the accumulating files so as to manage space?

Any assistance appreciated, and perhaps others would like to know.

Well if you find an answer please post, I do have the same issue , which may become a problem sooner rather than later.

dxtans

Hi guys

I have managed to get all my waypoints on Base Camp into certain lists, and have managed to get these lists onto the Navigator. I recently made some new lists and now for the life of me can't get these lists onto the Navigator

Have tried a search but can't seem to find the post that helped me in the past.

Can someone please help?

Thanks

Johann

Back
Top Bottom