Alpine passes as POI for Garmin

BigAlMacMac

Reaction score
I have googled and I have search GSers and all I have managed to find is old files, out of date links or broken links.

I may have missed the crown jewels by searching on the wrong terms but I am looking for a list of all Alpine passes as POI to load into my Garmin/Nav V. It seems like an obvious question or is it the wrong question?

Any of you fine fellows correct me and point me in the right direction please? :bow

The ones I'm going to do in September are these passes
Susten, Furka, Nufenen, San Bernardino, Splugen, Maloja, Bernina, Gavia, Stelvio, Fourn, Fluela and Julier.
Google them and also see most of them on Youtube

They're all clearly shown on my Michelin maps of the area. :augie

And all shown in perfectly clear at-a-glance relationship to each other to enable easy choosing of daily pass bashing trips.

All done without pissing about on computers loading and downloading crap.
Bin the fecking plastic Garmin gadget and get yerself a map.

Garmin Database of alpine passes.

Attachments

• Alpine Pass Europe.gdb
    67 KB · Views: 180
Bin the fecking plastic Garmin gadget and get yerself a map.

Cant be done. They have to know where they are going before they get there and what hotels they will stay in on which nights... Only missing selecting their menus, but I'm sure it will come:augie

Haha Redboots and Tarka. We indeed have maps and in fact no plan or hotel booked, leaving tomorrow, with tent. And no campsites booked either. ;)

But handy have our wee tech friend none the less

Haha Redboots and Tarka. We indeed have maps and in fact no plan or hotel booked, leaving tomorrow, with tent. And no campsites booked either. ;)

But handy have our wee tech friend none the less

Good on ya. :D :thumb

Enjoy your trip. :beerjug:

I'd still leave yer 'wee tech friend' at home though. :green gri

Cant be done. They have to know where they are going before they get there and what hotels they will stay in on which nights... Only missing selecting their menus, but I'm sure it will come:augie

And generally they don't tell you you should do the same. Try returning that courtesy, we are all different, thank goodness. I don't understand the need to denigrate other people's choices. Some people like a plan others don't, does it matter?

John

Has anyone one done all of them in one trip..?

That would be one hell of a trip! Given that some don't open until mid to late June you might need more than one summer.

Personally even if I had an entire summer I would rather do some of them rather than all, sensory overload I think. I expect there will be others who would relish the challenge.

John

Yes it would be one hell off a summer.. Like you say to much of a good thing..!

Back
Top Bottom