Nav 5 recognising SD Card (not!)

Andy B

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Oh wise ones. I crave a moment of your time to help me with such a stupid matter! I can't get Mapsource or Garmin Express to recognise the 16GB micro SD card I've put in my Nav 5!:blast

I've got the latest European maps installed which means there is little left on the device memory. I'm trying to upload Garmin OSM maps for part of North America. It repeatedly tells me I haven't got enough memory space - i.e. it is only seeing the device memory. If I attach the device to Basecamp I can see the SD card and what's on it (not much!)

Tried some solutions suggested on Garmin forums but to no avail. Tried copying the .xml file from the device over to the SD card as well.

Would somebody put me out of my misery? This feels like a schoolboy error on my part but am I really that thick!:augie

Good question! I'd assumed it was because I can see everything on the card in Windows Explorer and in Basecamp. I'll give it a try.:thumb2

I have a 64 GB card in my Nav V and xferred the whole of USA and Canada onto it no probs.
Mine's a ScanDisk which I believe came pre-formatted as Fat 32.

A re-format did the job. Basecamp/Garmin Express recognised it straight away!

Thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom