1150GS Year of Manufacture Exhaust differences?

Juanlap

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm here - too much weight on my wrists but still wanting to giggle in corners meant waving goodbye to the CBR and saying hello to a 1150GS Adventure. Well I'm smitten and I cant believe I didn't do this ages ago.

Now the fun begins bolting bits to it, after having unbolted some bits first - namely that famed for its reliability :blast ABS/Servo system that failed within 2 weeks of ownership!!!!! Conventional brakes now makes a great bike even better.

So before I waffle on for too long, can somebody please answer me this: What exhaust differences are there between 01-02 models and 03-04? An aftermarket set up that I am looking at with Y Pipe is described as manufactured for 01-02 models. Mine is an 04. I can't find anything that says one won't fit the other. Any advice will be very welcome.

Looking forward to swapping tales and tips over the coming months. Thanks.

Juanlap

The earlier silencer had a 3 mounting point bracket that fixed it to the footrest hanger mount points;the later one had just one mount point.
Small difference in the shiny chrome shield thing that hides the join.

If you are going aftermarket, Remus list a different end can for the 1150GS Adv than the standard 1150gs. Something to do with the different pannier styles?

Ah, that's something I hadn't thought of - I have gone down the road of the traditional GS panniers now though as I prefer the look of the bike when the panniers are not fitted, as oppose to still having the huge Adventure frames visible when they are not. Much appreciated input mind, Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom