Wiring LED indicators

jeremyj

Reaction score
Hi please can someone advise if I need to change any wiring or Indicator relay when changing indicators to LED from the conventional Bulb type Bike is an 03 1150gs.

Thanks

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy
My advice would be to change the to LEDs then see if you need an LED indicator relay. Some LED indicators are set up to run with the standard indicator relay. When I changed her F650GS indicators I needed to change the relay. I found the relay easier to fit than load resistors to every indicator.

Adrian

My indicator LED boards wnet straight in with no other changes required.

I got some with additional stop lights.

As stated you may get away with it, or they may flash too fast.
If required you can either add resistors into the circuit or replace the flasher unit with a solid state jobby. I don't know if the GS has a 2 or 3 pinned unit, but thats the easiest and more elegant solution.
If you seach ebay for "LED indicator resistors" you will see plenty of both.

Many thanks for the input I will swap them over and see what happens I did get a flasher unit when I bought them for the old F650gs then realised that it was not a straight forward swop without a wiring mod. Will let you know how it works out.

Many thanks for the input I will swap them over and see what happens I did get a flasher unit when I bought them for the old F650gs then realised that it was not a straight forward swop without a wiring mod. Will let you know how it works out.

That doesnt sound right JeremyJ.
When I did the conversion on her 2001 F650GS it was a straight forward if tricky job. Tricky replacing the flasher unit as it was a prick to remove. No wiring mods IIRC if there was then they caused no grief.

Adrian

Back
Top Bottom