wot's it worth - R80 GS

Timolgra

reformed
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Need some advise fairly pronto please.

This is all I know.
R80 GS, 'W'reg. In good order (the owner is a friend of mine), has a large tank fitted, diff rebuilt and generally well fettled.

What are the common faults? How much is it worth?

Thanks Tim

Trouble with rare and desirable Airhead GS's as the 80 G/S's I believe are is guide price goes out of the window - especially as they more than any other GS seem to be the Overlander of choice and someone prepping one for a trip usually wants a standard one upon which to build there 'project'.

If other than the tank this is standard albeit decent nick then its unlikely to go for under 1.5K. If by well fettled you mean the combined efforts of HPN/Touratech/Wunderlich has been thrown at it then forget it anything below 3K and forget its age - it'll make no odds to the value (except when you come to insure it).

HTH

Thanks for that info Jud9e.
I've just remerbered that it is the Dakar model if that throws any more light, if not I'll find out more info soon.
It also may have been fitted with a 19" front wheel, I believe the original was 21".
Tim

Sold mine 1986 model the one with oil in the shaft
for £1750 40K + in good nick, as seen going through water somewhere on this board.
Had it for about a month
Boring/slow/shit brakes and Weaved over 60 mph
If the price is less than £1750 buy it ride it get bored and sell it to
the next person drowning in nostalgia.

Gates

timolgra said:
Thanks for that info Jud9e.
I've just remerbered that it is the Dakar model if that throws any more light, if not I'll find out more info soon.
It also may have been fitted with a 19" front wheel, I believe the original was 21".
Tim

Ahh the old PD
It was an option back then large tank and single red seat/with rack, chuck the side panels in the bin hey presto PD.
Mine had the pd large tank but no single seat with the side panels missing.
Just don't pay over the odds :(

Back
Top Bottom