690 relay switch ?

No Fromage

Reaction score
I have 4 accessories on my 2012 KTM 690 Enduro R which are wired from the positive and negative terminals of the battery. each one has its own 5A inline fuse and a bunch of excess wire.

I have just ordered the below terminal extensions, the live of which is protected by a single 5A fuse.

http://www.powerlet.com/product/termin8-easier-than-fuseblock/409

My intention is to run the four accessories off of these terminals firstly to free up the battery terminals and secondly to ensure better connections for all circuits.
I would also like to put a relay in so that the outlets cannot drain the battery when the ignition is off.

I am an electrician by trade however i have limited experience of auto electrics so if anyone can give any advice as to where to source the (ignition switched Live) and Neutral or any other handy tips they would be gratefully received !

No Fromage

:nenau

You already have both permanent live and switched live points (all fused) on the bike designed to run accessories off.

If you're still not happy you could use one of the switched live outlets to trigger your relay.

Hi Tim

Thanks for replying to my post.

Where exactly is the Switched live outlet ?

No Fromage

I have just read a post on ADV Rider which says there are Extra Pos, Ground and switched Ground terminals behind the headlight. I will check this out but if anyone knows where I can find a switched live terminal closer to the battery this would be a plus !

As Tim suggests use a switched live to trigger a relay then put a small fuse block after the relay and run all accessories from that, then everything will go off with the ignition switch which could save embarrassment when returning to the bike.

I have used one of the accessory switched outlets and have a fuse block mounted under the headstock which allows me to run GPS, Heated Grips, Computer etc

2 plugs behind headlight 1 permanent live other switched but ignition can't miss em fastenened together at bottom of wiring ��������

Back
Top Bottom