R1150GS with renthal Bars

cbrgaz

Reaction score
Well i finally managed to do the swap from standard bars to renthals on the GS and i have to say....................what a difference.
I used 5.5" rise trials bars with 54mm of sweep along with a stock length crossbar brace to use the oem pad and then used jaws up and back risers with 25mm risers on top to get the bars just where i wanted them, although i may change to 75mm rox risers to do away with using 2 lots of risers together.
I fitted the handguards using the stock hardware and made up threaded adaptors to insert in the end (M16 external thread x M8 internal x 20mm long) and then tapped the ends of the bars M16 and locked the adaptors in with high strength thread lock.
I havent sorted out the heated grips yet as i wanted to try the bars first, but will probably use MikeO's suggestion of aftermarket heated grips wired into the standard power supply and switch.
A definate worthwhile mod as i found the stock bars sweep angle put pressure on the outside of my palms.

I cut the isolated ends of the OEM handlebar and adapted them to the aftermarket handlebar. Always better to heat me palms than the handlebar risers.

Back
Top Bottom