R1200 Heads on an 1150?.....

DrAlf

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I came across the following picture a while ago. Looks like R1200 heads have been fitted to an 1150 block. Does anyone know anything more about this? Do the heads bolt straight on? If not what else is required? And why do this? Does the R12 have bigger valves than the 1150 - or is there some other benefit? Interested - winter is approaching and my 1150 is due a refresh:augie

Attachments

• R1150GS-Supermoto.jpg
    R1150GS-Supermoto.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,196
I came across the following picture a while ago. Looks like R1200 heads have been fitted to an 1150 block. Does anyone know anything more about this? Do the heads bolt straight on? If not what else is required? And why do this? Does the R12 have bigger valves than the 1150 - or is there some other benefit? Interested - winter is approaching and my 1150 is due a refresh:augie

+1 :green gri:rolleyes:

That is a strange combination.....
Looks like the tank is an 1150GS and there is the black panel jsut behind it / under it.
but also look a the brake lever position and set up.
Also, the telelever, it has two sections where as I thought all 1100 and 1150 were single piece items
Rear wheel is cast as well. I am pretty sure that to do this the paralever needs to be changed for different off set

That is a strange combination.....
Looks like the tank is an 1150GS and there is the black panel jsut behind it / under it.
but also look a the brake lever position and set up.
Also, the telelever, it has two sections where as I thought all 1100 and 1150 were single piece items
Rear wheel is cast as well. I am pretty sure that to do this the paralever needs to be changed for different off set

The rockster has that telelever arm iirc.

Looks like a mishmash of the bm parts bin, but looks good.

Yep Rockster front arm and the footrest bracket/lever is Rockster also. But it still doesn't explain the heads!!

Here's that same style Rockster telelever fitted on my GS...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 526
As above that's either a Rockster or R1150 telelever along with rearsets - both currently fitted to my GS. I know that the cast wheels fit because I've got those fitted too. Real question was about the heads - anyone?:nenau:nenau:augie:augie:thumby:

Wondering if there was any more news on this?
Wow much re-work is required?

thanks

1200 block (08) first, 1150TS second:

296.png
187.png

1200 cylinder V 1150 cylinder:

531.png
14.png

Those look remarkably similar to me, but then we get to the heads....

Heads:

209.png
203.png

Back
Top Bottom