Low seat option and moto x boots!

Rabbit Leader

If, like me, you can't get your WHOLE foot down when stopping on a camber.... and wear Motocross/Enduro boots... read on...

I found the steel piece on the toe section of these types of boots is generally smooth underneath and if you put your toe down first, it can slip on a wet road (metal never being that grippy against tarmac!)

I solved the problem by sticking a piece of rubber, cut to the shape of the underneath metal part, onto the boot with Araldite.
I paid my local cobbler a couple of quid for the pieces after he said he didn't have a glue that would stick rubber to metal.

Araldite worked fine. You can't see the rubber piece as it's only on the underside of the metal, the top/front retains its 'sparking' ability.

It was either that or leg extensions.... :D

I agree.
I just removed the tiny screws which held the plates onto my AXO boots and the material which makes up the sole just closed up around the holes.

No point wearing Moto-X Boots with metal toe guards for riding a road bike......................you'll only scratch your paint or as described, slip & slide on the road.

They're designed to reduce impacts to the boots, on a track or trail !!

Back
Top Bottom