Need an 1150GS stick coil HELP Durham area

Michael R1150GS Adventure

Reaction score
You couldn't make this up, we leave for a 2 week biking trip this afternoon and have had three major fails this week! All sorted after much stress but now I've got a dying coil stick! It's just been supplied as a tested used one...

Has anyone in the north east got one I can take ? Can buy or whatever is needed to rescue the trip :tears:tears:(

Sounds horribly like my episode in S Germany in August! I had 3 classic faults in one day so I feel for you. I'm not in the NE... But could you not limp to a bmw dealer and buy a new stick? And don't forget to take some tools with you. It's like the umbrella. If you don't take them you'll need them! Good luck.

Sounds horribly like my episode in S Germany in August! I had 3 classic faults in one day so I feel for you. I'm not in the NE... But could you not limp to a bmw dealer and buy a new stick? And don't forget to take some tools with you. It's like the umbrella. If you don't take them you'll need them! Good luck.

Cheers BMW cooper haven't got any I stock sadly :(

as I will be flying around trying to find one this morning, if by any miracle one turns up via you wonderful people, my mobile is 07894 869432 many thanks, Michael

Cheers BMW cooper haven't got any I stock sadly :(
I've no idea of your location but I managed over 200 km on a failed stick. Admittedly it was mostly motorway so I could keep the revs up but I guess I'm saying try other dealers further afield....

Just thinking, you're 100% sure it's a stick coil? If that's a yes, could you find another dealer with one and get a local cab company to deliver it. Not cheap but a solution, maybe?

ps. i don't recommend you ride too far with a dodgy stick coil (I didn't know mine was dying at the time - at motorway speeds it all seemed to work it was coming of the motorway it really became apparent). But sometimes...

he is sorted with the stick coil coil, i had a spare one,we put it on his bike and all was well,as far as his mate goes with the r1200gs starter i think he also got sorted ,as we speak he will be on the docks at north shields heading for holland,so it may be a while before we get an update.:thumb

ERRRRM no - more failures :(

After an incredible week of fails between a 1200 and an 1150, we ended up with more and until 2 hours to departure, we weren't 'departing!'

The night before we left I took my 1150 out for a ten min run to double check everything and guess what, Fizzer's (Ian) coil pack kindly supplied to me failed!
Imagine the scene the next morning... M&S Newcastle ended up getting one out of an RT they had in the shop and sold me it the same morning... what a nightmare am.

ANd then everything went well. Right until i realised my front wheel was buckled from my last enduro race and hadnt picked up on it - how I didnt realise i dont know. It even had a flat spot on the rim. SO shaky shaky vibey vibey for two weeks.

The the 1200 threw its rear wheel bearing assembly, completely. On a truck - will be back to blightly in three weeks.

As I said, we couldnt make this up. cracking holiday though!

Back
Top Bottom