1150GS seat to replace AdventureS

Crabbo2014

Reaction score
Is it feasible/ possible to swap an 1150GS seat for that of my Adventures?

I recently bought a 2003 Adventure and after riding for a while realised I felt a bit cramped. Looking through the original purchase invoice I discovered the bike was delivered with a lowered seat and measuring confirms this. At 6ft 3in tall I have been trying to find a reasonably priced standard height Adventure seat but to no avail.

Hence my question as to whether the more commonly available 1150GS seat system can be retro-fitted? Then move on the lowered one.

Many thank, Robin.

Many thanks. Lots more bits needed than I thought. Reckon I will hold out for a standard height Adventure seat, one must come up for sale soon (I hope!)

You could just get your seat recovered and padded, a gel pack too?

Bits required are, rack, toolbox, mounts, locking mechanism and seats.

I will get a price from the local bike repairer who does seat upholstery, sounds easier than replacement with GS gear. Thank you all, good advice.

If you change your mind and wanted the dual seat set up. I have the whole lot, rack, grab rail, seats (red), locking mech etc. All for sale, would just need to agree a price, which is the bit I've been struggling with?!

This is very kind Mr Slipperyeel and I am tempted, I imagine the price will however be prohibitive compared to getting my seat altered. You can always let me know what you have in mind by PM.

Cheers, Robin.

The standard GS seat will still be lower than the standard GSA seat, even at it's highest setting. Given your height I would try to get the original GSA option, I'm just under 6' and use the standard GSA seat but have also had to fit lower Migsel pegs & a Touratech adjustable gear lever so that my knees don't ache on longer trips...well worth it!

Gel insert pads can also be a bit sweaty, just my tuppence.

Really helpful

This is really useful advice, the last thing I want is to change it over and find it`s still too low. I`ve potentially been offered a standard seat via the `wanted` section and realise this is the best option. Thank you.

This is really useful advice, the last thing I want is to change it over and find it`s still too low. I`ve potentially been offered a standard seat via the `wanted` section and realise this is the best option. Thank you.

And you'll be able to sell your lowered GSA seat...

My knees were sore when I fitted a Corbin seat to my 1150 GSA for the recent trip - long days felt more crunched up than the Adv bench...
how much lower do the Migsel feel? Is 30mm that much??

Yeah, Migsel are 30mm lower and further forward but depending on your boot size you might also need the 104Euro adjustable gearlever & spring from Touratech. I'm size 45 and found the lower peg & original gear lever too close for comfort so had to splash out on the gear lever kit & it's definitely worth it!
The brake lever is in a better position but I'll probably add the extended width brake peg for the next trip.

30mm lower & forward make a big difference....providing your trousers aren't too tight around the knees & thus pulling the CE armour hard against your kneecap & causing inflammation :rolleyes:

Maybe worth thinking about before splashing out on hardware?

I posted yesterday that I had been offered a standard Adventure seat in response to my `wanted` advert from `Bladerunner`, however in the meantime he has sold the aforementioned seat to Jumbo74 who hijacked my post before I had a chance to respond ...... nice! So I`m back in the market for a standard Adventure seat if anyone knows of one. Thanks

Seat for GSA

I have a yellow std seat, and a Corbin spare from my GSA if any interest?

Back
Top Bottom