Three nights in Brugge 8th 9th and 10th December ...

Micky

Never knowingly understood
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
OK folks, I've got four rooms on hold for three nights in Brugge ...
Monday 8th, Tuesday 9th and Wednesday 10th December.

I ran this 'event' last year and it was totally enjoyed by all, so much so that everyone asked me, nay begged me, too run it again this year.
Then three esteemed Tossers have let me down, with varying degrees of excuses ...

Sunday 7th December overnight ferry from Hull to Zeebrugge, as foot passenger. Leaving any vehicles in the P&O car park at Hull.
Monday morning P&O coach from Zeebrugge in to Brugge

Three nights at Hotel Fevery, five minutes walk from the town square. A pleasant and quiet small family run hotel with excellent rooms and breakfasts.
Thursday a taxi back to Zeebrugge for the overnight return sailing.

Three days in the old town of Brugge, Christmas Markets, fine restaurants and excellent Belgium biers. The Germans make wonderful bier and they spend their time telling us how good it is, now the Belgiums just keep quiet about it ... and drink it :D

So far we have Sue (Gracie) and myself, and Mr Smooth and Bilko aka Norah batty, Compo, Clegg and Foggy going.

Anyone got nothing better to do?

The ferry, subject to cabins being available will be £60.00 each with two people sharing a two or four berth cabin (return) with coach transfer included on the Monday morning. The hotel, depending on room, shared/single/twin will be about 45 euros per night, per person, for bed and breakfast.

I only have the rooms on hold for a few days then I have to let them go ....

:beerjug:

Aha ... Was there only a month or two ago!

I have a top tip for you ..!! Hire cycles, and latch on to the horse drawn carriages. They all follow the same route and take you from charming courtyard to flea-market to lunch stop. Stop and peruse, and at your leisure latch onto the next cart, stop peruse ... grab the next cart ... etc!

Have fun .....

(and dodgy knees are no excuse Micky .... :D)

Aha ... Was there only a month or two ago!

I have a top tip for you ..!! Hire cycles, and latch on to the horse drawn carriages. They all follow the same route and take you from charming courtyard to flea-market to lunch stop. Stop and peruse, and at your leisure latch onto the next cart, stop peruse ... grab the next cart ... etc!

Have fun .....

(and dodgy knees are no excuse Micky .... :D)

Ha ha .... done that many years ago son :rob

Oh ... the knees ain't dodgy anymore, they're new, newer than yours even :p

I'll race yer ... :D

I don't fancy going the long way round via Hull but I would be interested in getting a train and meeting you there on the Monday if there's a a bed going in the hotel. If you could put up with a stranger from the distant southlands.

I don't fancy going the long way round via Hull but I would be interested in getting a train and meeting you there on the Monday if there's a a bed going in the hotel. If you could put up with a stranger from the distant southlands.

That would be no problem were you to make your own way there, no problem at all. There are only twin/double rooms left and I don't know what the cost would be for single occupancy, but I can find out tomorrow or Monday latest and let you know. It would be good to have you along for sure :thumb

Back
Top Bottom