Interesting Oilhead on Ebay

DrAlf

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 924
so that's the name Viva Moto are using now is it?

wouldn't buy anything from them again

interesting looking bike though :)

Fair enough - dodgy bike dealer but still an interesting bike. On closer inspection it does indeed look to be fitted with modified radial mounted calipers. I've never questioned the stopping power of the standard oilhead brakes but radial mounts do look cool:cool: It also appears to have custom fabricated inlet tubes - not sure what the benefit would be?

A fair mishmash of different bits with some seemingly dodgy finishing on the pics... Not sure what the twin cow bells on the back are trying to do...:)

I popped in there once.... A dealer with rather dubious selection of bikes!

That bike used to belong to a motorcycle mag featured bike tuner I know.its not a bodge job.its been very tastefully modified. if I can remember right he didnt see a lot of change out of £1000 for the wheels alone.it was also subjected to some serious engine tuning and does(or shall I say did)go very well.but this was 7yr ago.

That bike used to belong to a motorcycle mag featured bike tuner I know.its not a bodge job.its been very tastefully modified. if I can remember right he didnt see a lot of change out of £1000 for the wheels alone.it was also subjected to some serious engine tuning and does(or shall I say did)go very well.but this was 7yr ago.

That's interesting - I have no doubt that the wheels were expensive. Just to get the rims rebuilt and powder coated would be upwards of £500. Do you know what engine mods were made? I'd be interested in hearing more. Thanks:thumb

No idea mate.i caught a quick glimpse of it 7yr ago just when the keys were been handed over to its new owner.i remember thinking you lucky bastard.if I hadnt just bought my harley I may have been interested in it myself.

that was Craig's bike from Tyre torque, he widened the rims and had them re laced by Devon, i seem to remember the mileage being higher than that, there should be a thread on here somewhere about it

this is the sales arm of we buy any bike.com, bought a r1100rt from them 3 years ago,what you buy is luck of the draw,mine was a good main dealer trade in.

I sCraig still doing his super car tuning stuff?He used to race super moto on home built and tuned bikes - did well in Europe. I saw him in Belgium racing round the streets, I can't remember the name of the race now - mad it was though! If he put it together it will have been done very well. We used to see him quite a bit of him in Streetfighters - he did a marvellous stoppie on Knowle high street on his GSXr Slabby with his mrs walking across the crossing - mage a brilliant double page poster!

Yes mate I believe he is.i tried to get my hayabusa tuned by him but apparently he.s up to his eyeballs in it so doesn't have much time to play with y small stuff. Shame really coz if theres anyone I'm gonna trust with a spanner on my busa it.ll craig

Back
Top Bottom