Calling all plumbers ! (fuel lines/tap)

~Stef~

Reaction score
Wondering around B&Q the other day I noticed some gas fittings with a small tap, tho the bore looked to small for an adequate fuel supply. I was wondering if anyone knows of an inline tap that could be fitted to the GS fuel lines to turn off the flow.

I think theres something sutable made for marine engine applications.

why?

why do you want a tap to turn off the fuel supply? You have QD lines from the tank...

Re: why?

mpriestley said:
why do you want a tap to turn off the fuel supply? You have QD lines from the tank...

Two jubilee clips are hardly QD. A inline tap would also stop petrol pissing every where after the lines are detached.

~Stef~ :confused:

Re: Re: why?

~Stef~ said:
Two jubilee clips are hardly QD. A inline tap would also stop petrol pissing every where after the lines are detached.

~Stef~ :confused:

Most 1150s are fitted with QD fuel connectors Stef - do a search and you'll probably find some pics...

Mike:)

Re: Re: Re: why?

Mike O said:
Most 1150s are fitted with QD fuel connectors Stef - do a search and you'll probably find some pics...

Mike:)

Ahhhhh progress :cool:

They are very easy to fitThe bits you need are:-
Hose clamps x 4 Part No 00 000 176 918
Connector female x2 Part No 00 000 659 120
Connector male x2 Part No 00 000 659 119
'O' ring x2 Part No 00 000 659 110

If you fit them the opposite way round to each other than you can never connect them up wrong

Pete A

Why does nobody tell you the later bikes have QD pipes fitted ?

pragmatix said:
They are very easy to fitThe bits you need are:-
Hose clamps x 4 Part No 00 000 176 918
Connector female x2 Part No 00 000 659 120
Connector male x2 Part No 00 000 659 119
'O' ring x2 Part No 00 000 659 110

If you fit them the opposite way round to each other than you can never connect them up wrong

Pete A

Cheers Pete & Mike

To date the only ones I had seen were £40 a pair.

:beerjug:

Motorworks just sent me a pair for about £20. Worth every penny - I have had the tank off four or five times just for the fun of it. Now have to buy some after ahve since I have lost the eau du petrol aroma.

You will need some bigger pipe clips - the original 12.5 mm ones won't fit so you need to go up to about 14 mm.

Seems pre end of 2001 1150s don't have the QD's.

LC

QD's

I want to be able to take fuel from my tank via the QD connectors for my petrol camping stove.

Is it a simple case of just plugging in a spare QD and a length of fuel line with my fuel bottle at the other end?

Or, does the ignition need to be on so the fuel pump will work?

Or, will gravity do the job?

Geordie

Or just take four foot of silicone tubing along and syphon it out of the tank direct.

Undoing the QD's is easy but apparently the little o rings can get pinched up and leak....so why risk it when tube is cheaper anyway and you could useit to syphon from/to someone else's bike as well if you run out.

I'm taking some tubing along to Land's end for Master Dabber, so if you'd like some, just let me know....I have bloody miles of it ;)

Ahh.......DOH!!!!

I guess you're not likely to be coming to Land's end, having just noticed your address Geordie :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:D

Only 3 weeks left.....

Ive only got 3 weeks or so left in Cyprus.

Then I'll be moving back to County Durham and working in Cirencester, nice little comute on the GS.

I'm looking forward to it. I'll miss the Cypriot twisties and 44p per litre fuel, but its time to come home.

Thanks for the tubing offer, I already have a load, just sick of the taste of petrol!!! Never really mastered syphoning!!

Hopefully meet some of you guys at the events planned.

Regards

Geordie

Get hold of and outboard motor fuel line and cut the connectors off, it comes with a squeeze bulb in the middle. One end in the tank and squeeze away, hay presto petrol with no lingering aftertaste or disconnecting fuel lines.

You will probably find an old on with knackered connection in you friendly local boat yard or harbour.

Back
Top Bottom