Nav V - Pairing with a Samsung S5 mini

trebor

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
On my bike I have a Nav V which is connects to an Autocom unit using a BTM-02 Bluetooth dongle. This part of the set-up works fine with the music stored on the Nav V and with directions from the Nav V.
However, I am having a few problems with the mobile phone side of things, I am currently using an old Sony Ericsson phone which doesn't always automatically set up it's Bluetooth connection with the Nav V correctly. When it does make a connection it works fine.

As a result I've decided to upgrade my ancient phone, probably to a Samsung S5 mini. Is there anybody out there using one of these phones with their Nav V? If so, have you had any problems getting it to work with the Nav V? Does it always set up it's own Bluetooth connection automatically?

Cheers

Bob

I have an S4 mini.

Didn't have any problems connecting it to my Nav V initially.

I don't connect it any more as I listen to music through an SD card on my Nav V.

As I say, no problems connecting it when I 1st got it.

I have the Nav 5 and use it with my Samsung Galaxy S2. I have an app on the phone called Bluetooth Auto Connect which can be configured( amongst other things) to make sure that your phone will always connect to the Nav 5. automatically as first preference. It's free from playstore. My phone is running Jellybean, presumably yours is running Kitkat but I don't think it will make any difference.

I use a Scala Rider G9 paired to the Nav 5 and the phone paired to the Nav 5. All works well apart from the usual problem of MP3s playing from the Nav 5 sometimes have a very small pause in a song as if it is checking something else then continues.

I have the Nav 5 and use it with my Samsung Galaxy S2. I have an app on the phone called Bluetooth Auto Connect which can be configured( amongst other things) to make sure that your phone will always connect to the Nav 5. automatically as first preference. It's free from playstore. My phone is running Jellybean, presumably yours is running Kitkat but I don't think it will make any difference.

I use a Scala Rider G9 paired to the Nav 5 and the phone paired to the Nav 5. All works well apart from the usual problem of MP3s playing from the Nav 5 sometimes have a very small pause in a song as if it is checking something else then continues.

I had that & came to the conclusion it was the Nav V & phone checking for connection to one another. Certainly not connecting the phone stopped the problem. This was on a Sena.

Thanks for the info guys, especially about the app. It sounds like the S5 mini should be OK, but after Timaloy's message, I may be tempted to go for the S4 mini, as it is still available, and save myself a few bob. :cool:

Bob

Back
Top Bottom