Rainbow of Sheffield

(RIP) sherpa

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
:p This is my local dealer and i'm not connected with them in any way (although they are supplying my new GS in March)
the GS i have now was bought elsewhere but only because they were like rocking horse s**t and i'm inpatiant!!
Rainbow have won Rides dealer of the year this year purely because of the service they provide and the unbelievable friendly atmosphere they have when you visit. The mechanics are first rate and access to them is not restricted - you just wander into the workshop if you want to ask a question. Shaun, Lorna and their team have just got some new premises which are much larger and will be in use, hopefully, by March next year (watch this space for details) The only down side is that because they are popular AND good then lead in times for servicing are quite poor _but that's the price you pay for quality! :bounce1

Couldn't agree more - always use them for bikes and servicing.
Hope the move to new premises will not be too BMW 'Corporate' as that always costs money to Joe Public the 'punter'.
But knowing Shaun - he's not a great lover of 'corporate' bollox,so this will be kept to a minimum of fussy chrome logo's and tiled floors.
Just booked mine in for it's 12,000 service for April 2003 - the lead times are nearly that long, only joking - it's about 3-4weeks in winter and about 8 weeks in summer.But that's the price of popularity...........!! Everybody and his dog wants their Beemer serviced by Leigh,Steve or Miles.
You've tried the rest..............now try the best!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck in 2003 to Shaun and his wife,Lorna with the move,
plus all the staff-Kevin,Dave,Leigh,Steve,Miles,Sarah and Sancha and last but not least........ the Tourmeister - man of myth and legend - GS Adv riding Micky Wheeler.
Rock on ..........Rainbow.

No connection,except a satisfied customer.

JohnnyBoxer said:
......Everybody and his dog wants their Beemer serviced by Leigh,Steve or Miles.
You've tried the rest..............now try the best!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck in 2003 to Shaun and his wife,Lorna with the move,
plus all the staff-Kevin,Dave,Leigh,Steve,Miles,Sarah and Sancha and last but not least........ the Tourmeister - man of myth and legend - GS Adv riding Micky Wheeler.
Rock on ..........Rainbow.

No connection,except a satisfied customer.

Johnny,

That almost turned into an Oscar type acceptance speech. :D

(But it is good to know that there are still some 'proper' places around).

Originally posted by MacDram

Johnny,

That almost turned into an Oscar type acceptance speech. :D
MacDram,
Might get me a discount - you never know............

Back
Top Bottom