My new S10 ZE

littlemegdog

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I bought this at a bargain price just under £10,000 brand new, unregistered.

I was so near buying another WC GS but at this price I could not refuse. The gearbox, drive shaft and engine are beautiful and the bike handles really well. I don't know whether I will use all 84 suspension settings though!

I would like to know if anyone else has changed the screen, added a front fender and rear hugger? If so, which ones would you recommend (or not).

Has anyone used Slipscreen from Andover - they seem very cheap (£55 for a 20") screen,and they also do winglets for £19.

David

Nice one.:thumb But where are the pictures?:D

Pictures to follow by the weekend, weather permitting.

And yes, it was a super deal and delivered to my door from Sheffield!

Me too!

BUT

He who hesitates is lost.

A great bargain. I hope you enjoy it.

Mike

I was tempted by that one too.

There is an S10 ZE demonstrator in Blue for sale with just 27 miles on it at Fowlers in Bristol for £9999, I came close to buying it but decided against it, it was still available a couple of days ago. They are not advertising it on their site for some reason. They also have some brand new non E 2014's in blue for the same price, also not advertised yet.

I can only think they are not advertising them as Yamaha have asked them not too, to avoid pissing off other dealers.

@ Mike S thats weird alright. The EICMA etc is over, so there is no new S10, bit odd...you should pry and ask intrusive questions of them...LOL

I bought this at a bargain price just under £10,000 brand new, unregistered.

I was so near buying another WC GS but at this price I could not refuse. The gearbox, drive shaft and engine are beautiful and the bike handles really well. I don't know whether I will use all 84 suspension settings though!

I would like to know if anyone else has changed the screen, added a front fender and rear hugger? If so, which ones would you recommend (or not).

Has anyone used Slipscreen from Andover - they seem very cheap (£55 for a 20") screen,and they also do winglets for £19.

David

New suspension is fairly trick.....

The winglests are a gem, and they work, bigtime.

I have an MRA screen fitted but it will not for your new model. But im sure they will have one soon enough.

Fitted fender extender, and that was a great price at 20 quid off fleebay.

I aint fit a hugger but see here for those who have: http://ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/317244-My-Super-Tenere-Modifications-Planned/page3

fender
WP_20140821_004.jpg

winglets
2013-07-23141612_zpsa3e4be84.jpg

Fit the winglets first and then see if you actually need a different screen. My one is a 2013 bike but with the winglets fitted the screen is fine for me at 5' 10". Really good buy you got there.

Thanks for info, i will try winglets first.
The screen is not that bad i can live with it has i use ear plugs.
Now out for a short ride while the sun is out.

David

Might be having a test ride on an ex-demo bike. Not the bargain the OP got, but the part ex price on my bike might well make the difference.

I have just ordered a fender extender - winglets tomorrow.

Nice ride out this afternoon and the more you ride this bike, the better it feels. I tend to ride in S mode rather than T mode.

I will add a couple of photos taken today.

Photos

Photos today. Not the best photos!

Attachments

• IMG_0179.jpg
    IMG_0179.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 640
  • IMG_0180.jpg
    IMG_0180.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 653
@ Mike S thats weird alright. The EICMA etc is over, so there is no new S10, bit odd...you should pry and ask intrusive questions of them...LOL

I think they just can't shift them, shame really, great bike.

Back
Top Bottom