Gs 1150 wheels!!

otruk

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi

Just giving the old girl (bike) a revamp after 160,000, need advice on what to do with the wheels, tried cast ones and didn't like the look. Have spoken to Hagon and they suggest bead blast rims and leave alone and powder coat hubs with stainless spokes. Has any one had this done?

Or are there any other options or buy another set of wheels. Any advice (!!) would be apreciated.

:bounce1

Why powder coat just the hubs and not the rims?.devon rims rebuild gs wheels with stainless spokes but you dont get a lot of change out of £500 squids.they do look nice though.

To be honest I have not seen any of the powder coated rims, and just wonder how well they stand up to the joys of tyre changing.

To be honest I have not seen any of the powder coated rims, and just wonder how well they stand up to the joys of tyre changing.

I had a front wheel from Doug at Devon Wheel Company and they've not been damaged when the tyre was changed so 'so far, so good'

powder coating on rims can cause problems, every spoke hole needs to be cleaned out to allow a respoke and each one is a potential corrosion point. plus as the powder coating settles following use the spokes can lose tension.

Biggest thing is that once damage by either careless tyre changes or stone chips corrosion will start and get under the powder .

Soda blast the rims , polish them and then protect with acf 50 or similar

Thats what I am slightly concerened about, the bike is used every day through the year, and gets through a few sets of tyres, i guess its inevitable that it will get damaged. Has anyone any pictures of finished wheels?

Powder Coated Rims Stainless Spokes

Thats what I am slightly concerened about, the bike is used every day through the year, and gets through a few sets of tyres, i guess its inevitable that it will get damaged. Has anyone any pictures of finished wheels?

Thinking along the same lines too any pictures or recommendations would be appreciated too :thumb2

I.m going to give mine a good rubbing down in summer.followed by a coupke of coats of etch primer,satin black then clear coat with 2k laquer.if it doesnt last the winter who gives a shit it only cost me £30 and a little elbow grease.

Back
Top Bottom