no plate spray

Flip

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone know what the household product is that is supposed to make your number plate invisible to Gatso's?. Read something in the press but it did'nt say what it was.

Also, photo blocker, anyone know if this works?.

I really doubt that anything works as the plods when they look at the photograph of your number plate can change the contrast of the picture so that can read it even if the original picture makes the number plate looked washed out with the flash of the GATSO:mad:
So save your money for the fine!!!

wildbeeste said:
I really doubt that anything works as the plods when they look at the photograph of your number plate can change the contrast of the picture so that can read it even if the original picture makes the number plate looked washed out with the flash of the GATSO:mad:
So save your money for the fine!!!

If the Polis fiddle with the picture surely that is tampering with evidence and will get thrown out of court.

Keith Chapman said:
If the Polis fiddle with the picture surely that is tampering with evidence and will get thrown out of court.

Enchancing a picture is not tampering with evidence!

I don't believe there's some magic spray that's invisible to the eye yet stops cameras taking a picture of your number plate. Sounds like snake oil to me. Do they offer a money back refund if you get a ticket?

Since when has altering the focus or contrast settings been 'fiddling'?

"I'm sorry Mrs Smith. We've got the image of your child's murderer on CCTV but we've been told we can't 'fiddle with it' to properly make out who he is". Doh...

However altering or 'fiddling with' your numberplate IS an offence.

None of the anti-gatso products actually work......there are various tests of all the available gizmos gadgets and flms etc online and in various max-power mags, and none has yet been shown to be effective without being so obvious you'd get pulled using it anyway.

Conspiracy to pervert the course of justice isn't a minor offence ;)

Black insulating tape the same width as the letters, to change the relevant character or reflective yellow.
The whole process is dependant on one piece of information, deny that information and you deny the process.

But if you're going to do that, why not just put on a fake number plate???

Putting tape on to change a letter will get you done for conspiracy to pervert justice ....and as said before, that's not a minor offence.

Rather than trying to defeat the Gatsos by changing what they see, the only way of not getting done by them is to not speed around them......

Sad but true

On a trip to Assen a couple of years ago a mate lost a bolt from his rear number plate as we left Wales,to stop it dangling precariously by the one remaining bolt he removed the plate and put it in his back pack for safe keeping;)
Four days later,having enjoyed the racing and set a fairly brisk pace from Harwich back to Wales he was followed by the Police to his front door,they'd spotted him half a mile from home,he told them the number plate story and they checked to verify the bike wasn't stolen-end of story:eek:
Well-not quite........
They could have charged him for failing to display a correct number plate,and he'd have got a fine,no points though-not yet anyway:rolleyes:

Numberplate Spray

I went to a classic bike show acouple of weeks ago at the Bath & West showground, Where I picked up leaflet for:

www.safeplate.net

Regards, GARY62.

Its a GS, yes ? I find mud is a very good means of making your number plate less legible and is easily excused if the inevitable pull happens, with a 'oh, I had no idea it was so dirty, I haven't stopped for 100 miles, I'll clean it straight away.......)

Play to your strengths. Anyway, Its a BWM - nobody breaks the law on one of those do they ? And lose your liberty to wear slippers and smoke a pipe ? Are they quite mad ?

LC

:D

Jimb said:
Black insulating tape the same width as the letters, to change the relevant character or reflective yellow.
The whole process is dependant on one piece of information, deny that information and you deny the process.

This would also fit "Attempt to pervert the course of justice". Indictable offence.

In case you haven't heard of it there is a PNC facility called VODS (Veh On-line Descriptive Search)

It is increasingly used to find vehicles in just these sort of circumstances. With the increase in people trying to avoid penalties many forces are using VODS to follow-up.

If there is a photo of the vehicle and even a very partial VRM it is unlikely that you won't get a knock on the door.

I'd hate to think someone on here had their life turned upside down (potentially) because somone else advised them to alter their number plate!

I can remember an absolutely classic picture in a bike magazine one year that was taken at the NEC. There was a stand there selling a number of GATSO proof number plates, every one of them was clearly legible on the picture. It's all snake oil really.

I've seen a bike around with a Mars bar wrapper obscuring part of the plate that I can't work out if it's a real wrapper that's just got stuck there or something the owner has stuck on to obscure the plate.

in Ireland

bike No. Plates are often partially obscured by....
tax disc holders:rolleyes:

but - thats just asking to get pulled over.
Og.

Re: in Ireland

Ogmios said:
bike No. Plates are often partially obscured by....
tax disc holders:rolleyes:

but - thats just asking to get pulled over.
Og.

Yea but even some of the puller over people ( ahem) use the tax disc holder for the same thing........:cool: :cool:

A lot of bike couriers in london spray the plate with chain lube. Eventually all the road debris gets sucked onto the plate making it illegible. The offence then is 'number plate obscured or not easily readable; non endorsable fixed penalty notice which is a £30 fine. However, if you're stopped the rest of the bike had better be legal or you could end up pushing it home.

My understanding was if you get caught several times without a number plate (small fine, no points) DVLA can "revoke" your registration........

I think matt-black blackboard spray paint should do the trick :D

Tobers said:
I think matt-black blackboard spray paint should do the trick :D

I think you're on to a winner there Tobers.....you could add a sub-domain to your site, stoptheflashing.com

:D

Back
Top Bottom