NEW GSA

The smudger

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well, new to me...

It needs a bloody good clean, but then I enjoy that...

Got a set of s/s bolts waiting to go in there...

Yes, the fork brace needs painting....

HID lights...

Wheels will clean up a treat, its not been used for 3 years, there is not an ounce of paint flake/corrosion on the hubs...

Got new s/s calliper bolts as well....

One or two lights on it, and a baglux. The tank is mint under there...

Engine has a protective layer of dust. It will clean up a treat!

Tt bling....

Clean engine, just lots of cobwebs...

Just gave the gearbox casing a quick wipe, it looks good under there..

And the swing arm..

And the FD, just a bit of minor 'Spidering' on the lacquer on the edges. Easily sorted with a bit of P2000 and polish.

You can just see the spidering if you look closely at the edge..

As said earlier, a bit of cleaning and a set of bolts...

Did say it hadn't been used for a few years..

Now to the other side, just as dusty but just as clean..

Wheels are dead clean.

I can feel a big cleaning session coming on....

The dogs clearly not impressed, I like it!...

It does fit, really....

Here's a few pictures of my last Adv, this one will look like this come the weekend!!!

Got it from a lovely chap from this site.

It needs a bit of TLC but it will look fantastic when done. Full of bling, Touratech Zega panniers, and a BMW adventure top box, an Autocom system (dont know what it does yet?) HID, fog lamps, spots, etc, etc...

More pictures next week.

Steve.

bikers

Looks good... enjoy your cleaning/polishing.

Health to enjoy

Bubb

Post some pictures when it done, I love the before :eek: and after :clap

Bike looks great and with your enthusiasm it will only get better. Let me know if your interested in selling the standard seat as I think it came with one and I'm looking for one if your not in need of it. More pictures please as you go on.

Bike looks great and with your enthusiasm it will only get better. Let me know if your interested in selling the standard seat as I think it came with one and I'm looking for one if your not in need of it. More pictures please as you go on.

Thats not a std seat Bill, If you look closer its a 'medium' height one, and just about right for me at 5'9. I'll keep the low one and see how I get on with the medium. I did have a std 'high' on my last one, couldn't touch the floor!!!

Scrub a dub dub :D

Not really interested in after pics because we all know it'll sparkle like a new one, I am interested in some pre and post scrub knuckle pictures though:D
Mine always look like a staffy bull terriers chew toy after I clean a GS :blast

Some how to'a of the cleaning work you do would be nice with any tips/techniques?

Seconded - I would love to know how people keep their fork leg castings (the silver bits, not the chrome bits or the blue bits) with paint on them - mine have flaked off totally. I need to get them done at some stage...any tips? Powder coat? Hammerite without the hammers? Gaffer tape? :D

The rest of it - I just use a bucket of soapy water and a sponge or soft brush. It isn't as effective as what you do! I would love to know how you lot keep your bikes looking so good.

Seconded - I would love to know how people keep their fork leg castings (the silver bits, not the chrome bits or the blue bits) with paint on them - mine have flaked off totally. I need to get them done at some stage...any tips? Powder coat? Hammerite without the hammers? Gaffer tape? :D

The rest of it - I just use a bucket of soapy water and a sponge or soft brush. It isn't as effective as what you do! I would love to know how you lot keep your bikes looking so good.

Hammerite satin smooth silver is as good a match as anything. Little bit at a time!

Powder is THE best option. Disadvantage no good for anything that won't detach like fork bottoms. Once it does get damaged it's difficult to touch up. Its better on ferrous especially with a zinc passivate primer. Ok on alloy but take care around bolt holes.

It will be interesting to see the front cover bolt holes hidden away by the crud catcher.
When you fit the stainless engine screws use a good quality high solids content copper paste and copper washers under the bolt heads. Copper I effect short circuits the galvanic corrosion process.
I use one of those battery powered jumbo toothbrush thingies for cleaning into nooks & crannies.

Back
Top Bottom