~~ Y Piece ~~

the civil one

Reaction score
Well here you all are .
Y Pieces.
With lambda probe sensor.
No Price yet , but Dam Good Value as youve come to Expect.
Available soon.
PS : This is a work in progress : Your new one will be all shiney and loverly.

Attachments

• y-piece-new.jpg
    y-piece-new.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 1,466
Bloody big pic Civil

Fixated for you................

Attachments

• y-piece-new.jpg
    y-piece-new.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,453
Open question - perhaps other could help too. Without wanting to be too sceptical, wondered if you could share a few secrets about your R&D method - selling foot flaps is one things - they don't interfere with the running of the bike. But to convince others to insert this component into the exhaust system is another proposition altogether - what background to you have in this or are you using someone with experience to help?

Will fitting this keep the mixture adjusted right or will fueling changes be needed etc.

Just being cheaper is not enough to reassure people.

This is an honest question and concern - not intended to be a snipe.

Cheers,

Mark

Sellin Foot flaps !

Well Marky
You obviously dont have too much experiance in these items
They are made by several big players , Wunderlich ,
Touratech , neither of which Runs Smoothly.
They all Backfire one deceleration .
Re Fuelling : You make it sound like something you could do
with a screw driver , .As You probably DONT know fueling is
controlled by Motronic, Computer controlled !
Which will automatically compensate / otherwise for changes that the system deems Needed.
COMPETANCE : Well I am a Bus Driver !
But the Man that has Built & Designed all the Products so far
Yes there is more to come has his Background in Aero Nautical
engineering , and i can assure you he is no dud !
Everything is C.A.D. to a spec. first. He has a M.D. in Engineering + years of experiance.
Had you READ the post the Y piece is a work in Progress , i just took a picture so as to post it on here.
You can rest assured if it doesnt work i will not be offering it for sale. But hopefully when i am ready to sell it YOU will be first in the Que.

good idea.

It looks like it should be a seller if the price is competitive. But on a business note civil do check out product liability cover. In the unlikely event that your y piece causes a prang or an off then you might need some cover.

No wonder society is like it is nowadays.
Dont do this... dont do that.... JUST in case someone sues you for causing themself to fall off because you have made their bike louder.
We are all making it worse by going along with it.
Will my chip affect my insurance claim.
If I paint my bike too brightly, someone may be distracted enough to turn round and walk into a lampost... then sue me !
Will my warranty be affected if I fit a sticker to my tank
Will a home made Y piece bring an end to the civilised world as we know it ?
Feckin hope so !!!!

Fur fecks sake men, we are meant to be bikers.....rebels......people who dont give a shit......
Dont give into them, take a risk, even a tiny one now and again..
Or even better. If everyone ran over just one lawyer, yoy could get back to doing what you want to your bike without getting paranoid about it.

Good on ye Civil.
Can yer pal make a complete system for the 1150, similar to the 1100 pipes but with a small illegal silencer fitting where the cat should be ?

Well my mind is at ease - thank you. I know enough about fuelling to know that a badly set-up exhaust system can mess up whether the bike is running too rich or lean. And I know that not everyone adds additonal hardware to achieve perfect fuelling either and I know that your statement below is not 100% accurate...

"As You probably DONT know fueling is controlled by Motronic, Computer controlled ! Which will automatically compensate / otherwise for changes that the system deems Needed. "

I can't see any reason to post a picture unless it is to whet our appetites - therefore it would be a fair question to understand what you are doing to ensure that the Y-piece is as good or better than alternatives. The free market is an interesting thing - why bother making what others make unless it is for consumer advantage - lower prices help, better products help even more.

Therefore my free sales advice is simply to give consumers as much information as possible and if you are still in very early prototype stage why not just keep quiet until you have more to show.

I have huge respect for people on this board who try new things and innovate and some of the products I have bought are fantastic. Tobinators are innovative, Migsels lightbars look amazing, Nippy Norman has shown great ability to provide quick and good service. I am not knocking people for trying - good luck with it, I still want to know why it will be better before I part with any cash.

Den said:
No wonder society is like it is nowadays.
Dont do this... dont do that.... JUST in case someone sues you for causing themself to fall off because you have made their bike louder.

I agree with you Den but thats the way it's all gone. I personally think civils y piece will work and will be cheaper but there is a big difference between re selling a branded part that someone else is carrying the risk on and making and marketing your own part.

Marky, mate,

No offence, but, why are you posting this crap?

Forgive me, but it looks very much like you're knocking the product and trying to put people off, for apparrently no real reason.

If you dont like the look of Civils product, or dont like the idea of it making your bike sound better, or benefit from better midrange accelleration, then, don't buy it.

Most posters and readers here are probably over 30, and are able to asses whether a product is good or bad for their bike. Or if it offers the results that they arre seeking.
As I understand, there can be some lean running issues with fitting a y piece, but that goes for any bike with an aftermarket can/exhaust configuration.
The bike has a lambda sensor, and computer controlled fuel mapping system, that, as mentioned above, adjusts to the air fuel mixture presented to it. I dont see aproblem there really.

And, price/quality dependant, will buy one from him, not Remus or the other large manufacturers. I'm sure that the qc wont be an issue, and as we all know the cost of an off the shelf item, expect that it will be competitively priced. Why buy from Civil? Why not? Support the forum and its members, and they will supprt you.
Piss em off and..............................

Good on ye Civil.
Can yer pal make a complete system for the 1150, similar to the 1100 pipes but with a small illegal silencer fitting where the cat should be ?

That sounds good..... pics anyone???

Nice one civil, nice one son..........

i didn't see what you were doing till now - and its all becoming clear.

buy some touratech or wunderlich overpriced stuff - if you can even get it - then copy it for a cheaper price - just for us lot ?

well - good on you.

just watch out for funny emails from the germans.

:thumb

Re: Sellin Foot flaps !

the civil one said:
He has a M.D. in Engineering + years of experiance.

Now there's a first!

An MD in engineering???

And to be fair, merely saying that you use CAD in your design process is meaningless. Unless you feed the right data in you'll get crap out the other end.

Am I right in assuming that what you're doing to copying the Y-pieces that are made (expensively) by other manufacturers?

All looks good to me Civil! Don't see that you are contravening anyone's work, simply producing your own Y piece! Welds look good and it's good to see you've made provision for the lamda probe too. What material is it going to be made from?

:beerjug:

GOOD ON YER AGAIN CIVIL.

I made up my own Y-piece from SS in SA when a TT part was exhorbitantly priced. Took about 2hrs with angle grinder, mig welder and pro pipe bender to drop the cat on my 1150GS and slap on the Laser can I had off a mates 1100GS. Beauty, sound and oomph....
Cost around £10 for real, but that is what a bodge using a mates tools can cost, most difficult part was finding the right size nut in Stainless Steel to weld into the joint for the Lambda sensor.( final product was no artwork, but WTF it worked a treat)
As said above, the sensor is just that, it compensates and fixes things that the bike runs well.

Keep 'em coming at market related prices, you will sell a ton if the price is right.

Ill definately be interested in one of these. Be nice to see the finished article with a proper cost, see how it compares.

I have to say though, read back through Markyp's initial comment. I dont think he deserves the guff he received! Valid questions, but from the reaction he got, it sounded like he was slagging the product off.

Chill out people.:spl1f:

Re: Sellin Foot flaps !

the civil one said:
They all Backfire one deceleration

Weel I must of had the one that didn't then. I had it with the Remus revolution can and it never backfired when it was refitted after I had a problem with the can - a good 4 months or so with no pops or bangs just a great sounding exhaust.

On the Plus side - looks good - what's it going to cost and when are you going to do one for 12?

Bonzo said:
Ill definately be interested in one of these. Be nice to see the finished article with a proper cost, see how it compares.

I have to say though, read back through Markyp's initial comment. I dont think he deserves the guff he received! Valid questions, but from the reaction he got, it sounded like he was slagging the product off.

Chill out people.:spl1f:

I agree, as one of the over reactors, I have to admit that, after speaking to Markyp I do owe an apollogy.

Valid questions, just open to a little bit of misinterpretation.

:)

Back
Top Bottom