1150gs panniers

sid james

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
have had a search but can,t find the info i need,am i right in thinking a left hand r1150rt pannier can be used on a r1150gs with a low slung silencer?any help would be appreciated.

have had a search but can,t find the info i need,am i right in thinking a left hand r1150rt pannier can be used on a r1150gs with a low slung silencer?any help would be appreciated.

Yes if you use a stubby attached to the cat.

You can put a left hand RT pannier on an 1150GS and just take the silencer off and sling it away. In my experience of having done this 60,000 miles ago, makes virtually no difference to how the bike runs or even sounds. Useful to put a stubby on the end of the cat to stop the rain going down it.

have not had any luck finding a left hand full size pannier,a have a set of 41 ltr givi panniers so may end up just buying pannier rails for them.

What is it that you want to do re panniers for a 1150GS? I have the BMW black hard plastic panniers off my 2002 1150GS that I want to sell along with their mounting rails. Can key them to your bike key. Is this of any interest to you?

What is it that you want to do re panniers for a 1150GS? I have the BMW black hard plastic panniers off my 2002 1150GS that I want to sell along with their mounting rails. Can key them to your bike key. Is this of any interest to you?
i already have the original plastic panniers but want a full size left hand pannier.

Great idea!

You'll probably have to buy a PAIR of RT, RS, S system cases rather than wait around for a LH case.

I've used the two full size case system for a long time now - I still have the cat fitted so I just use a stubby as well.

I still run about with a Remus Genesis fitted most of the time - just use the bigger cases on trips etc.

Well worth doing:thumb2

A couple of pics to show what it looks like as well.

Cheers......................Grizzly:beerjug:

Attachments

• IMG_2227_1.JPG
    IMG_2227_1.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 514
  • IMG_2615_1.JPG
    IMG_2615_1.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 489
  • IMG_2776_1.JPG
    IMG_2776_1.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 502
thanks for the pictures,previously owned a r1100rt and the panniers and givi topbox worked well for me and wifey for trips away,will ring motorworks monday and see if they have a secondhand left pannier.

I bought a new RT pannier back section from Motorworks and then swopped the lid, lock, etc from my original left side pannier. The lock is held in with pop rivets, just drill the heads off and remove the lock then rivet it into the RT back panel. Yo will need to make a bracket to locate the new pannier on the back of the foot rest bracket. I used a couple of flatpack furniture blocks bolted through the case, been using it for the last six years or more without problems. I also went to my local boy racer exhuast shop and got a piece of stainless pipe bent and a bracket fabricated to lower the can, cost £40. These days I just run with the cat and stubby.
case3.jpg

case2.jpg

:beerjug:
I bought a new RT pannier back section from Motorworks and then swopped the lid, lock, etc from my original left side pannier. The lock is held in with pop rivets, just drill the heads off and remove the lock then rivet it into the RT back panel. Yo will need to make a bracket to locate the new pannier on the back of the foot rest bracket. I used a couple of flatpack furniture blocks bolted through the case, been using it for the last six years or more without problems. I also went to my local boy racer exhuast shop and got a piece of stainless pipe bent and a bracket fabricated to lower the can, cost £40. These days I just run with the cat and stubby.
case3.jpg

thanks very much hank,will be speaking to motor works monday,i have some stainless pipe in workshop and my lad is a demon with a tig welder and enjoys making pretty things
case2.jpg

I had a Wudo bracket kit for my first 1150. Comprised a bent connecting pipe to lower the OE can and a bracket to hang the can lower and locate the RTs pannier lower edge.
I never found a left hand pannier so never actually used it, although that was also due to only keeping the bike 9 months. Sold the kit on after selling the bike.

The Givi kit does for me on my 850 as I use them on my Blackbird too.

Back
Top Bottom