It's arrived!

Lord Snooty

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well it finally got delivered today and there are some very nice surprises

I knew about the V&H competition exhausts but it also comes with a FuelPak and a DNA Hi Flow air filter, the original air filter came with it and by the look it has never been used, I suspect that all these parts were fitted by the dealer before the bike had turned a wheel. Do all of these changes constitute a Stage 1 Conversion?

Other goodies!

An R&G rear tail tidy, crash bungs for the forks and swingarm, and Oberon fully adjustable clutch and brake levers and paddock stand bobbins. Plus I have two boxes with all of the original parts. :bounce1

With only 1000 miles for a three year old bike it looks brand new. :clap

It is tucked away in the garage now, tomorrow afternoon I will wheel it out for a closer look. Pity the weather is shit, no opportunity for a ride just yet. :(

Film it starting up Mike, so we can all hear your potato potato potato in action :)

So a few details.

Registered Sept 2012, 1st owner Aug 2013, from Holyhead, 2nd owner Dec 2013 from Warrington. So 1st owner only had it for 4/5 months, not sure how long second owner had it. Bike is from Stratstones and they only have dealerships in Birmingham and Wolverhampton. Will call them tomorrow to see if they have any info on it.

I have chance to wheel it out of the garage and to spend an hour or so with it. Started it up, it was a bit reluctant at first but it has been very cold and I expect it hasn't been started for a while. Once it was going it settled down to tick over easily enough, sounds like ear plugs will be a must with those V&H pipes. Sat on it and adjusted the mirrors, hmmmmm doesn't look as if I'm going to be able to see much more than my elbows out of those, does anybody do stem extenders? The bars are quite wide and the seat height is more than I expected which I like as I am 6ft tall. The wide bars will take some getting used to I think.

I started reading the manual about the functions of the security fob/system and lost the will to live I managed to get it into Transport mode while I was messing about with it though so that will do for now.

As it has bobbins fitted I tried to get it onto the paddock stand and failed miserably - what with trying to hold it upright with one hand and getting the paddock stand hooks onto the bobbins without dropping the thing and then trying to elevate it - no way! The bloody thing is not exactly light is it Ho hum, I'll try that again on another day.

Took the battery cover off intending to fit an Optimate fly lead and there is one already there - nice one. To the right of the battery and just above it is a blanked off connection - see pic, is this an accessory socket of some sort?

I set the preload on the front and rear suspension for my weight....ahem. Before you ask, yes I had to turn it a good few clicks!

I took a few pics as well, I like the tail tidy and the LED rear lights - very smooth.

I think I have solved the dipstick problem and have closed it flush.

The bar grips are solid black metal - are these stock? The footpegs are also black anodised - are these also stock? See pics.

The white paintwork glitters and sparkles in the sunlight - looks fantastic.

So that is it for now, I have a trip to France planned maybe May/June with some mates so I will need to start thinking of mounting my Garmin 660 satnav, a comms system, a tankbag and a rear luggage rack.

Attachments

• Battery compartment.jpg
    Battery compartment.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 330
  • Crash bobbins (2).jpg
    Crash bobbins (2).jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 330
  • Crash bobbins.jpg
    Crash bobbins.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 330
  • Dipstick.jpg
    Dipstick.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 326
  • DNA Filter.jpg
    DNA Filter.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 327
More Pics

Attachments

• Footpegs.jpg
    Footpegs.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 324
  • Handlebar grips.jpg
    Handlebar grips.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 329
  • Rear seat.jpg
    Rear seat.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 325
  • Tail tidy.jpg
    Tail tidy.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 325
  • Tank.jpg
    Tank.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 326
Its not a battery lead JD or is it the fault finding plug as that is over on the left just under the battery.

Looks like a Harley battery lead Dave. Have the same on mine and got an adapter today for it so it will work with my optimate 4.

Nice and sunny but bloody freezing. Lots of salt on the roads but am hard core so laugh in the face of it all. :aidan

It was registered in Kent, wonder who owned it for it's first year of life.

I started reading the manual about the functions of the security fob/system and lost the will to live I managed to get it into Transport mode while I was messing about with it though so that will do for now.

LOL I know what you mean. My Dyna came with "security". I couldn't figure it out even after reading how to operate it a couple times so I never tried it.

That bike looks much better in your photos.

Looks like a Harley battery lead Dave. Have the same on mine and got an adapter today for it so it will work with my optimate 4.

Nice and sunny but bloody freezing. Lots of salt on the roads but am hard core so laugh in the face of it all. :aidan

yes but you have one of those nancy boy fairings to hide behind proper hardcore riders dont have screens or fairings its just face in the wind

yes but you have one of those nancy boy fairings to hide behind proper hardcore riders dont have screens or fairings its just face in the wind

Indeed, he has a pussy fairing and he has made enough disparaging remarks about me recently that he has got on my fucking nerves to the point that I am seriously considering getting thecunt registered disabled, whether he likes it or fuckingnot.......Cuntard and then some.

In the meantime Lord Snooty, enjoy your ride, bollox to the weather....I ride all year round on a fucking tassle tractor, but have a small ethnic person to keep it clean for me:thumb

Tricky, I have decided....Iamgonnakickyourcuntin.:beerjug:

I am seriously considering getting thecunt registered disabled, whether he likes it or fuckingnot.......Cuntard and then some. I have decided....Iamgonnakickyourcuntin.:beerjug:

Now your starting to sound like my ex-wife. Oh how we used to laugh... but not at the same time! :D

My diagnosis for you is possible mental retardation due to nocturnal sleep apnoea or in other words there is a kink in yer pipe you breathless Oompa Loompa. :beerjug:

I have chance to wheel it out of the garage and to spend an hour or so with it. Started it up, it was a bit reluctant at first but it has been very cold and I expect it hasn't been started for a while. Once it was going it settled down to tick over easily enough, sounds like ear plugs will be a must with those V&H pipes. Sat on it and adjusted the mirrors, hmmmmm doesn't look as if I'm going to be able to see much more than my elbows out of those, does anybody do stem extenders? The bars are quite wide and the seat height is more than I expected which I like as I am 6ft tall. The wide bars will take some getting used to I think.

As it has bobbins fitted I tried to get it onto the paddock stand and failed miserably - what with trying to hold it upright with one hand and getting the paddock stand hooks onto the bobbins without dropping the thing and then trying to elevate it - no way! The bloody thing is not exactly light is it Ho hum, I'll try that again on another day.

Took the battery cover off intending to fit an Optimate fly lead and there is one already there - nice one. To the right of the battery and just above it is a blanked off connection - see pic, is this an accessory socket of some sort?

I set the preload on the front and rear suspension for my weight....ahem. Before you ask, yes I had to turn it a good few clicks!

I took a few pics as well, I like the tail tidy and the LED rear lights - very smooth.

I think I have solved the dipstick problem and have closed it flush.

The bar grips are solid black metal - are these stock? The footpegs are also black anodised - are these also stock? See pics.

The white paintwork glitters and sparkles in the sunlight - looks fantastic.

So that is it for now, I have a trip to France planned maybe May/June with some mates so I will need to start thinking of mounting my Garmin 660 satnav, a comms system, a tankbag and a rear luggage rack.

Feck me , Thats the longest post I've ever seen in here concerning Harley technicals - you'll leave everyone speechless standing open mouthed if you're ever at a gnarly "do"

Back
Top Bottom