Turning off Nav 5 query

Sam555

Reaction score
Hope this isn't a daft question but can someone tell me how I can turn off the Nav 5 whilst fitted in the BMW cradle (2013 RT1200) please. Great Satnav but the on / off button on the rear is covered by the cradle when fitted to the bike and if I want to turn it off whilst fitted and engine running I cannot work out how to do it. Turns on and off automatically when ignition turned on / off.and I sometime want to leave it in the cradle.

Many thanks, Sam

Maybe a silly answer, but why do you want to turn it off? You can't have the bike idling too long while standing still, and certainly the Navigator will survive this.

You can however turn it off via one of the menus. Just read the manual quickly

My Navigator seems to have developed a problem. It keeps on rebooting when plugged into USB cable, and the battery is wasted. Obviously it still works in the cradle, but the unit becomes very hot in and out of the cradle.

Strangely enough, the battery remains cold. Almost like the unit is working overtime for some or other reason and the battery can't keep up. Maybe not even the battery?

This just happened one morning without any warning signs or nothing. Anyone had this problem in the past?

1. Mine does that re booting thing and will not talk to Mapsource even though the computer can see it as a disc drive.

2. If it's not in the cradle eventually it will go to sleep - the screen goes black. After a few days the battery will go flat. Then you have to put it in the bike or charge it from the mains which will take a while.

To switch it off, press and hold the on/off button at the back until you are offered the choice of something like "choose OFF or Cancel" Choose OFF and it will really be off.

Rgds

Dave

1. Mine does that re booting thing and will not talk to Mapsource even though the computer can see it as a disc drive.

2. If it's not in the cradle eventually it will go to sleep - the screen goes black. After a few days the battery will go flat. Then you have to put it in the bike or charge it from the mains which will take a while.

To switch it off, press and hold the on/off button at the back until you are offered the choice of something like "choose OFF or Cancel" Choose OFF and it will really be off.

Rgds

Dave

Back
Top Bottom