Accommodation northern Portugal

AMB

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
We are heading to northern Spain (Portsmouth - Santander) 1st Sept. We have secured accommodation for 6 nights in Potes. Then heading to northern Portugal for 5 nights before returning to Potes for 1 night on return journey to Santander. We prefer a base and daily ride outs rather than upping sticks each day.
Looking for recommendations on places (town + accommodation) for our 5 nights in northern Portugal. Chaves has been mentioned. Also prefer smaller friendly accommodation to large hotels.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
AMB

Have stayed at this Hotel Quinta da Geia, a nice place in a great area in the forests. It's in Oliveria do Hostpital, more central Portugal, but a great place, with some great roads.
We were returning from the Moto GP in Estoril.
They have standard rooms and apartments for 4 or 6 people also.
www.quintadageia.com/en/welcome/
Will

This Hotel is very nice lovely English owners and underground garage secure parking if you mention my name you should get some discount. hotelarce.com/.

Jeremy

North Portugal.
We spent a week at A Lagosta Perdida in Montesinho.

http://www.lagostaperdida.com/index.php?lang=en

Good rooms and wholesome food cooked by Robert who is Dutch. His partner, Sally, is English. There are some frankly excellent roads in the area. This village is in the middle of a deserted national park which borders Spain. If you're just on the bike there is the "hardship" of an excellent road which is the only surfaced route to the village. There are some hard packed trails too (see the start of the video). So you will be doing the road route many times if you stay a few days. Good walking in the area too if that's your thing. One of the most relaxing places I've ever stayed.
Secure garage parking.
Stayed there September 2013.

Riding video taken in the area...

AND...

Hotel Fatibel - Freixo de Espada à Cinta

http://www.fatibel.com/

Maps and pictures here...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B93_mM5bnESZNU1Zb0F2Vll5YjA/view?usp=sharing

Stayed here for a night last summer when touring with a couple of mates.
We were charged about 20e for a double room each. We forgot to book breakfast so we had to find a local cafe. I guess it would be about 25e with brecky? I would have paid twice as much and felt happy. WiFi. Clean. Good room and Bathroom.
Cafe over the road was good. Owner claimed not to speak any English or Spanish but his English was ok really, well, better than our Portuguese. From memory 3 beers were 1.20 (for all 3). Wine was a similar price. Food was good, hearty rustic stuff, and equally budget price.

Parking out the front. Quiet village. Great local roads.

I know of a good Hotel and very good rates located in Braganca it is situated North of the city so you can explore the roads without having to go into the city it is a large |Hotel but the prices are very good it also has underground parking for security of the bikes

Back
Top Bottom