SUNBEAM S7D

The smudger

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well, I have bought a Sunbeam S8 as posted here a couple of months ago.

I initially wanted an S7 Deluxe, but couldn't find one...

Since then I have been offered a nice one and could not resist, so bought it!!!

Its a 1949 model, in Mist green. Been restored of course but its been done very, very exactly using all metal parts and its very correct. I collect it next week...

Gorgeous!!

Love that colour!!

Not sure if brake and clutch hand-levers have been changed, I think early ones were bar-end pivoted. Also, I think dip-switch was by rotating the LH grip, but these things probably don't exist now.

Well spotted. The S7 did indeed have 'inverted' leavers, the S7D did not. The dip switch is correct albeit I think it's on the wrong side!

Gorgeous!!

Love that colour!!

Not sure if brake and clutch hand-levers have been changed, I think early ones were bar-end pivoted. Also, I think dip-switch was by rotating the LH grip, but these things probably don't exist now.

What is it about mist green bikes that evokes an era. Also with
Experts like bin ridin on this forum, it shows this is a good place for advice. Enjoy the bike , just in time for some some April Sun

Just looked at your earlier wanted , does this mean you own two Beams?

Steve

What is it about mist green bikes that evokes an era. Also with
Experts like bin ridin on this forum, it shows this is a good place for advice. Enjoy the bike , just in time for some some April Sun

Just looked at your earlier wanted , does this mean you own two Beams?

Steve

Yes Steve, infact as I have sold my RT the only 'modern' bike i have is the 1150 GSA. The other beam is a 49 S8. I still have the little Puch MS50D as well, thinking of opening a museum.....

One of the best looking Old British bikes of all time imho. They are great for wafting and bimbling smaller roads. The only problem you will have is the amount of attention it gets when you are out and about on it. Health to enjoy :beerjug:

Thanks all. The chap has a 1914 BSA Model 'K' as well. Its for sale, Jonnie comet, youre right FK the ISA, I think i'll have that as well....

That looks a lovely bike, congrats :thumb

Is that an old Enfield Crusader sports in the background of pic 2 ?

Passed my test on one of those.........:blast

Smudger how are you getting on with your Beam?

Ive got one exactly the same, love it to bits....

Attachments

• Sunbeam.jpg
    Sunbeam.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 372
  • 050.jpg
    050.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 410
Smudger how are you getting on with your Beam?

Ive got one exactly the same, love it to bits....

Hi Dozer,

Yes, it is indeed a thing of beauty.... Its in the garage at the moment, all wrapped up. I did uncover it a couple of days ago, applied some FS365, then covered it back up again. My only worry is that my garage is old, and very cold. Not too damp though so should be good.

Where abouts are you? I can feel a meet coming up in the summer!

Back
Top Bottom