R1150GS ADVENTURE

Marks adventure

Through life
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Just gonna go out and get me a 2004 R1150GS Adventure..

Took it for a test ride on tuesday - - -WOW, it makes my 1991 Africa twin seem like an old bone shaker...oh well i suppose its time to let the old girl go....

I want to put an intercom on the bike but it did not seem to have anywhere to put the box of tricks - have you got any suggestions?

any things to watch out for?

where can you buy all the shiney extra finishing touches from??

looking forward to being welcomed into a whole new family.. Treat me gentle PLEASE....

Thanks

mark

Mark,

Welcome! No shortage of things to buy for the bike - see if you can get yourself down to a meet and then see the toys on other peoples bikes first - I must admit though when I took mine down first before adding stuff to it I felt almost embarrased at mines virginal quality.

Nippy Normans (sponsor link) has some good stuff (footpegs etc) and is nippy like it says on the tin.

Now have pannier, spots, fogs, stebel horn, fastway footpegs, fender extenda and no doubt more to come.

First sunday of the month at the Ace Cafe is always fun and a good place to start.

Get yourself a Touratech catalogue too - I have a spare if you find yourself around Northwood - lots of complaints about the UK based service for TT but few complaints about the products.

Where in Herts are you based?

Which intercom are you planning to fit? - some of them fit in the fuse box - search on autocom and you will get some ideas.

Cheers,

Mark

Welcome aboard Mark.

Do a search (buttons at the top of the page) for Autocom - it'll give you a few ideas of where people have put various electrical bits & pieces.

Then have a cruise through GS Mods (the forum you've posted in is for people who are selling/inventing/improving the GS) - you'll find plenty of tempting shiny things to save you carrying all that money about...

Mike:)

Originally posted by BAKERMAN forget AUTOCOM you need BAKOCOM only £4 plus P & P

Stop = Self explanitory

P = Petrol/Piss break?

T= Tea break?

-1 = ?

-2 = ?

G'wan, gis a clue :D

Attachments

• p1010039.jpg
    p1010039.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 716
intercom

hi guys

i live in stevenage.

should pick up my adventure wednesday.....fingers crossed.

the intercom i want to get is itneride a80.

it has a single jack plug rather than a din plug - a lot less fiddley when you have got gloves on..

should be down the ace cafe on the 1st sunday of april.. what time????

cheers

mark

BAKERMAN said:
STOP
-1 = WHERES JERRY ?:D
-2 = WHERES JERRY and TIM, HAYDON ? :confused:

P = Pee :rolleyes:

T = Tea :beer:

Thats £4 p & p for both sides

Top idea :D

I think the blackboard paint painted tank would have been tricky to use though ;)

BAKERMAN said:
STOP
-1 = WHERES JERRY ?:D
-2 = WHERES JERRY and TIM, HAYDON ? :confused:

P = Pee :rolleyes:

T = Tea :beer:

Thats £4 p & p for both sides

What's up, couldn't you afford SH? :D

Back
Top Bottom