off road training

demito

Reaction score
Hi there,

I know most of you are British but I noticed some foreigners on the forum as well. They might be able to help me in my search for a place where I can learn some basic offroad principles, training, whatever...in or near Belgium :rolleyes: .
I would like to take the bike off road when the wheater gets better, without having to drop it too much and without unnecessary risks. I am fairly unexperienced but progressing veeeeery fast :D :D :D

Anyone knows a place?

Tnx a lot

Demito

There's a place in Tongeren near Hasselt that does one day courses. I did one a couple of years ago when it was 36 degrees C and we sweated buckets and got very dusty but it was good fun. I can't say I learned a lot but it was a good laugh. I have heard that they have changed the course now and are leaning towards more training rather than just 'follow the leader and hope you don't fall off' :D

http://www.motorbeheersing.com/pages/content/offroad.htm

Hechlingen

Gecko said:
There's a place in Tongeren near Hasselt that does one day courses.
I can't say I learned a lot but it was a good laugh.
[/url]

Tnx for the reply Gecko.
The course looks like a little riding around the countryside though. I am looking for something more "training" like.

Anyone tried Hechlingen? Is it for advanced bikers or all levels?

Cheers

Demito

I'm sure I've seen an Off Road course advertised in Germany in the World Of BMW brochure ? If nobody else has the link etc, I can have a look through the book if you're stuck.

BMW enduro training

EJ said:
I'm sure I've seen an Off Road course advertised in Germany in the World Of BMW brochure ? If nobody else has the link etc, I can have a look through the book if you're stuck.

EJ,

that's the Hechlingen training I am referring to. Not exactly in Belgium but worth considering. Wonder if newbies like me fit in. Anyone any experience with the BMW enduro trainings at enduro park Hechlingen. Any feedback would be welcome.

Cheers

Demito

There's 4 of us going down to Hechlingen in June.(9th to 13th) We've got accomodation booked and the course dates confirmed. 3 day course using their bikes is Euro 725 . I'd suggest try the day in Tongeren first - if you really get the taste for it then the investment in Hechlingen is worth it but it a lot of money to find out you are really not that keen .....
Tongeren is a bit a a ride in the countryside but it is still a good day out and as I mentioned they do more tuition now than when I went a couple of years back.
If you can make it up to the Dutch Easter weekend GS meeting we can meet and have a chat - we may be able to squeeze one more in the accomodation. I'd have to check .We've rented a self catering place but it's not just up to me - the whole crew would have to agree.

Hechlingen

Gecko said:
There's 4 of us going down to Hechlingen in June.(9th to 13th) We've got accomodation booked and the course dates confirmed. 3 day course using their bikes is Euro 725 . I'd suggest try the day in Tongeren first - if you really get the taste for it then the investment in Hechlingen is worth it but it a lot of money to find out you are really not that keen .....
Tongeren is a bit a a ride in the countryside but it is still a good day out and as I mentioned they do more tuition now than when I went a couple of years back.
If you can make it up to the Dutch Easter weekend GS meeting we can meet and have a chat - we may be able to squeeze one more in the accomodation. I'd have to check .We've rented a self catering place but it's not just up to me - the whole crew would have to agree.

Tnx Gecko, but I won't be able to join you guys anyway:( . The wife's birthday and lots of stuff planned that weekend :D. I'll try the Tongeren connection first and will try to go in September. Be sure to post some feedback and piccies here though. Have fun mate!

Cheers

Demito

PS should it be reserved way in advance?
PPS to be honest, if it's a good training I don't think 725 EUR is that expensive.
PPPS dutch easter weekend: when, what and where?

There is a video clip on advrider.com of the very place you're talking about........it was made by a guy from asia who is a regular on the said site.
I will see if i can find it and post the link to the page.

The Dutch Easter GS thing here . Rumour has it there may be one or two GS's there from that island out there the other side of the north sea :D

Re: BMW enduro training

demito said:
.. Hechlingen ... Not exactly in Belgium but worth considering. Wonder if newbies like me fit in.
360 miles according to Mapsource, and looks very impressive. The general set up there seems to be similar to the Off Road course in the UK, which certainly makes "newbies" feel welcome.

If i am recovered with my knee i might have a crack at it........sure looks a laugh.:D

demito said:
Hi there,

I know most of you are British but I noticed some foreigners on the forum as well. They might be able to help me in my search for a place where I can learn some basic offroad principles, training, whatever...in or near Belgium :rolleyes: .
I would like to take the bike off road when the wheater gets better, without having to drop it too much and without unnecessary risks. I am fairly unexperienced but progressing veeeeery fast :D :D :D

Participating i a gravel or dirt road course is recommended. No matter what, you will learn al lot! Avoid too "enduro" focused events to begin with.

Combining training with outstanding scenery? Why not participating in the Scania BMW-MC Club annual "gravel road event" http://resmark.se/bmw/jotun_eng.pdf .

There are already 4 guys from UK registred for this event. Here you will meet all kinds of people. From semi-pros to beginners. From GS to RS.

Off road training

I've done both Hechlingen (5 years ago) and Wales when it just started. Both very good. Germans excellent in dealing with English speaking beginners. Learnt more there, but had more to learn
Wales involved following John Deacon RIP around but was a great laugh.
From Belgium I would do Hechlingen. Crash someone elses R1200GS...
Pat.

swedish off road event

is there any more info like is it suitable for Beemers and how far from the ferries

Gunner

Hechlingen

Hechlingen.....2003

A great weekend and a great team of instructors, I can well recommend it, if a little pricey. As I now live in Holland the trip down wasn't as expensive (no ferry costs). I was amazed just what you can do with an R1150GS and at what angles it still keeps operating. Arranging tours over to the UK for the Brecon Beacons courses so I can let you know how that was goes maybe later.

Back
Top Bottom