BMW PD Racer

MattB

Reaction score
A mate of mine has the following bike which he may sell, but we don't know what to ask for it. Any advice would be very helpful
Thanks Matt.
First registered 21/1/1977
Harris Paris Dakar Racer
BMW Engine (898cc) rebuilt 1989
Harris frame and exhaust (frame/VIN No. PDR104)
WP suspension
7 gallon Tank with original paint (Marlboro Playboy and Motoraad stripes)
New Mot and runs and rides well
We have been told by Harris that this is one of three they made, the other 2 competed this was a spare that never raced

Attachments

• DSC_0009.jpg
    DSC_0009.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,144
  • DSC_0010.jpg
    DSC_0010.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,023
  • DSC_0011.jpg
    DSC_0011.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 666
  • DSC_0012.jpg
    DSC_0012.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 782
  • DSC_0015.jpg
    DSC_0015.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 655
I'd say it needs to go to a proper auction house and get evaluated and sold properly, if he wants to sell it.

I'm fairly certain that I've owned an almost identical tank to that in the past. Owned it about 10+ years ago and bought it via ebay. Sold it on via this forum and occasionally it turns up for sale. It's white and blue, same shape and has the same filler cap. I bought it to use with an R80G/S but it never fitted properly.

I'm was unaware that Harris made any of the Paris Dakar bikes but I do know that prior to HPN/BMW's involvement a number of privateers raced BMW's in the late 70's and early 80's. I guess this is one of those bikes. Out of interest what is the bike registered as? R100RS? etc.

Looks interesting:thumby:

Hi Dr Alf, not sure what it's registered as my mate has the docs. I do know that he bought the bike complete in 1989 from a local small dealer. I think you may be right about the privateer use although the sponsors seem to suggest there may have been some bmw involvment :nenau

Back
Top Bottom