BMW S1000XR spotted today!

Rabbitson

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi there,

I was talking to a guy from BMW who was doing a pre-press test ride of the S1000XR and I had the opportunity to chat to him, look at the bike and take a couple of photos, here they are:

bmw_xr1000_2_800.jpg

bmw_xr1000_3_800.jpg

bmw_xr1000_4_800.jpg

David

Has your camera got a faulty lens? or is the front wheel really that small?

I want to like it, I think I should but it looks like a learner bike. Might be one I have to see in the flesh.

A Multistrada without the style or reliability.

Hi there,

I was talking to a guy from BMW who was doing a pre-press test ride of the S1000XR and I had the opportunity to chat to him, look at the bike and take a couple of photos, here they are:

bmw_xr1000_2_800.jpg

bmw_xr1000_3_800.jpg

bmw_xr1000_4_800.jpg

David

Either that's tosser size, or that guy is short.

All the UK allocation are apparently pre sold , no doubt to the people who bought a new r1200gs lc on its announcement and said it was the best thing since sliced bread and then bought new gsa lc's in March 2015 and said the same about them !

Save a fortune and buy a Versys 1000

Seems they fitted a rear no plate splash guards to them as well, I really like the look of this now, dealer called me today pre-order getting first dibs, my demo ride is 2nd june .

I think the guy was about 5'10

The front wheel is small and my impression was that the bike was physically much smaller than the 1200 Honds cross tourer

I was pretty surprised to see it so I hope you like the photos

David

I like that. Looking forward to having a play on one when it comes out.:beerjug:

165hp tuned down s1000rr motor, and trick semi automatic gear shift, clearly it's not an off road bike but what a mountain roads weapon :)

I think it's a great shame BMW over built the DuoLever shoving up costs. Norman Hossack designed it for efficient low cost manufacture while at same time improving the bikes handling over tele forks.
Without that special suspension what are BMW offering that you can't get elsewhere for less wedge.

Back
Top Bottom