ANYTHING PLANNED FOR EASTER ?

Taff

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Sorry I missed Abercrave last night. I will have to work at least part of the Easter weekend - but at least I get to choose which days I have off. Is there a ride-out planned, or do I just sod off on my tod again ? :D :D

Was Holland, is now Fri/ Sat booked in at the Green Dragon, Hardraw for a weekends muddy frolics in Yarkshire. Me on my XT and Kirst on her GS.
HENRY

Come on then EJ post your plans and dates.

Where are you taking us?????

PW Cymru said:
Come on then EJ post your plans and dates. Where are you taking us?????
I'm working Good Friday and the Saturday, so Easter Sunday would be ideal for me. I'm happy to tag along to a group, but if I was on my tod I was planning on going to Pembrokeshire inc Cresswell Quay and Lawrenny, and then heading North to New Quay or Aberaeron.

As long as there's a good pub lunch somewhere on route - I'm very easily pleased. :rolleyes:

I'm having a couple of days oop north, clear my head, just me and the bike.

Yorkshire Dales and Lake District, with beer and cosy pubs, hopefully.

:beerjug:

EJ said:
I'm working Good Friday and the Saturday, so Easter Sunday would be ideal for me. I'm happy to tag along to a group, but if I was on my tod I was planning on going to Pembrokeshire inc Cresswell Quay and Lawrenny, and then heading North to New Quay or Aberaeron.

As long as there's a good pub lunch somewhere on route - I'm very easily pleased. :rolleyes:

If your coming down EJ, let me know and i'll maybe tag along, after Lawrenny we could maybe go via Burton(35p bridge toll) Llangwm, Hwest and then the Cardigan road over the Presellis, its a fine bit of tarmac with the odd cattle grid here and there.

:beer:

EJ sound like a plan.

Could you propose a meeting place and time.

Look out for the sheep on top of the Presellis. Almost had a very nasty off on the way down on the Cardigan side a few years ago. Why not hang a R towards Cilgerran, good food in the pub by the bridge.

Gipsy said:
Look out for the sheep on top of the Presellis.
Why the hell do you think I'm going there? :D :D

I fancy a trip around Pembrokeshire and South Cards, but frankly I'm worried that if I post a route and God forbid, anyone gets hurt or worse, I could be making a rod for my own back ? It's bloody sad when you have to think twice about organising anything, but I have a family, a house and a business, and when there are insurance companies etc out there, who would sue you as soon as look at you, you simply have to take this into account. :( I may well post the GPS route I personally intend taking on here, but don't fancy being classed as an "organiser" for any ambulance chasing solicitors out there.

I like Welsh Magicians idea - haven't been that way for years. What's in Burton ? Will probably PM you - I owe you a pint, for that disk you sent me. ;)

EJ said:

I fancy a trip around Pembrokeshire and South Cards, but frankly I'm worried that if I post a route and God forbid, anyone gets hurt or worse, I could be making a rod for my own back ? It's bloody sad when you have to think twice about organising anything, but I have a family, a house and a business, and when there are insurance companies etc out there, who would sue you as soon as look at you, you simply have to take this into account. :( I may well post the GPS route I personally intend taking on here, but don't fancy being classed as an "organiser" for any ambulance chasing solicitors out there.

JESUS E.J. lighten up a bit:eek:

A ride like this would take the form of an informal gathering of friends with similar machines! With this place serving as a point of contact-like most "non organised rides":rolleyes:

If I can make it that day I have a couple of routes in the GPS near Fishguard area that are a hoot-I'll be happy to lead-it won't be a Sunday afternoon stroll though:D

EJ said:

I like Welsh Magicians idea - haven't been that way for years. What's in Burton ? Will probably PM you - I owe you a pint, for that disk you sent me. ;)

Theres not a great deal in Burton, but there is a pub looking out over the waterway called the Jolly Sailor, replete with beer garden and, they do grub, Llangwm is a small fishing village further up the Cleddau with direct access down onto the foreshore, then Hook, just another small village with an old colliery (Cardiffs old stomping ground) then about 4 miles of average road bringing you into Merlins Bridge, around the bypass and you're on the Cardigan Road, in my opinion a lovely road often overlooked in local rideouts.

I'm doing the MWB off road course Easter weekend.

After that if I can still walk/sit/ride I'm going to have a bash at riding as near as I can to the highest points in Wales England and Scotland.

I'm going to spend 4 or 5 days on the trip. Camping if there are no yoof hostels around or not full.

Anyone interested in going pm me but I'm doing it anyway.

Attachments

• highest points.jpg
    highest points.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 159
EEEEEKKKKKK

Hook to Haverfordwest road

Watch out by the golf range that there isn't some kid whose just passed his test doing a U turn on the blind bend by the cemetry!!!

He got me in 1992 !!!

I've been toying with riding over to Aber and then down into Pembs to see me mam (she still lives in Haverfordwest) so i'm deffo up for a meet with whomever and a goodly ride over the preselis sounds perfect.

I think Dennis needs to come so I don't have to ride faster than my brain can think trying to keep up with the lunatics amongst us :)

Re: EEEEEKKKKKK

Cardiff said:
Hook to Haverfordwest road

Watch out by the golf range that there isn't some kid whose just passed his test doing a U turn on the blind bend by the cemetry!!!

He got me in 1992 !!!

I've been toying with riding over to Aber and then down into Pembs to see me mam (she still lives in Haverfordwest) so i'm deffo up for a meet with whomever and a goodly ride over the preselis sounds perfect.

I think Dennis needs to come so I don't have to ride faster than my brain can think trying to keep up with the lunatics amongst us :)

Quite an apt and convenient place to have an off though Cardiff, i think that dip there is called Puddleduck if memory serves me well or if not then possibly Woodbine, us pembs folk having a nickname for every damned bend in the county, if you ride over to Aber and then down into pembs you'll pass us going in the opposite direction, ever thought of a Garmin?

;) :p

Back
Top Bottom